just had wls about a month and a half ago

Options
:sad: i am new and i just recently had surgery about 1 1/2 months ago and i have lost 50 lbs so far but for some reason i hav not lost any wieght this week. normally i am losing at least 5 lbs a week

Replies

• andreaflores
    Options
    :sad: i am new and i just recently had surgery about 1 1/2 months ago and i have lost 50 lbs so far but for some reason i hav not lost any wieght this week. normally i am losing at least 5 lbs a week
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    5 pounds a week is huge loss. Too much. Not sure how the surgery plays into it but you can't maintain that type of weight loss for long in a healthy manner I would think.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome....maybe if you start tracking things here you'll get those answers! :happy: ( We have all kinds of answers....some ore even right:laugh: a few come from our jokesters, and some from a very knowledgeable group who have, 'did that, been there' .). As well as wonderful support from a great group of people. :flowerforyou:
    ezzie
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I think even with surgery that body will hit platues.
  • kelmblue
    kelmblue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Andrea, dont let that discourge you. I am assuming you had Gastric Bypass, with the drastic weight loss in a month and half. You will hit plateaus just like you would with any diet. Also keep in mind if you've had too much salt in your diet, you will retain water. You can also carry anywhere from 2-5lbs extra during your cycle. I had lapband surgery and I understand what its like to step up on a scale that you're used to seeing move everyday and its at the same weight as it has been for a few days. Dont sweat it, you'll start losing again!