Lost my first stone!.

Options
keefmac
keefmac Posts: 313 Member
Hello all, weighed my self in this morning and realized I've lost my first stone!. Down from 90.3kg to 84kg in 2 months.

Not a massive loss but a loss all the same!.

One thing though, my target weight was suggested at 72kg, this seems far too low to me? (5'9"). I was going to try and hit 80kg and then maintain but should I go lower?.

I used to weightlift a while back (until life and kids put it on the back burner) and have managed to keep some of the muscle so how do you go about working out your ideal weight?, used to be "can you pinch an inch"..

Anyway, cutting out bad snack foods and harder still cutting right down on beer/ alcohol has got me this far, and lots of apples!.

Replies

• OnlyHuman55417
    OnlyHuman55417 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's a significant loss! Congratulations! For a man who's 5'9" 72 kg seems to be a bit small. I would get to your goal of 80 kg and see how you feel. I feel that sometimes the suggested weight is low and I don't know if those who make the charts are counting on muscle gain or not. at 72kg you would have to have very little muscle mass..one one think.

Again! Well done you!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    yaaay!!! well done
  • keefmac
    Options
    Cheers for the comments!.

The beer belly is just starting to show improvement (first place to gain and last place to lose!) so I'll see what it looks like at 80 then may try for another couple of kilos after that.

Think I'd be going too far at 72kg, just want to take the podge off really..

Feel a lot better and cycling to work seems to be getting easier as well so all good!.
  • keefmac
    Options
    Ended up maintaining for the rest of the week, need to knuckle down again next week!.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say congratulations on losing a stone - that is an impressive achievement. :)
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    It's good to be at maintenance too since sometimes it's hard to lose weight but even harder to maintain. Good luck :)
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    One thing though, my target weight was suggested at 72kg, this seems far too low to me? (5'9"). I was going to try and hit 80kg and then maintain but should I go lower?.

Suggested by whom or what is the important question.

Here's a better suggestion: pick a percentage of body fat you'd like to get to. For ideas on what your physique might look like at a given BF%, try typing in something like "xx% bodyfat men" into Google images. Once you figure that out, you can work backwards from your current lean body mass to get an idea of what the ideal target is for you.
  • keefmac
    Options
    Thanks all for the replies!.

I'll get down to 80kg then re-assess I think, toying over weather to start lifting again or not (to he fair when I get home I prefer to spend time with my children).

As has been said, maintaining is good also, I lost a most of my weekly goal over Sun Mon and Tuesday so the rest of the week was still good overall.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!