4'10.5, how do I maintain my weight? how do you?

Options
if you're my height or 5 ft how many calories do you eat in a day?

Replies

• tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    Options
    If I were you, I would do what I did and go to this site:
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

To figure your total daily energy expenditure. If you include 1, 3, 5 or however many days you exercise, you can subtract 300 - 500 calories from that number and expect to be losing weight on days when you have a caloric deficit. Friend request send, PM me if I can be of any help!
  • pecanbiscuit
    Options
    thank you! :-)
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9, about to be near maintenance and according to my TDEE (exercise 3x per week), my calories should be a little more than 1400. That or I simply follow my daily fitbit calorie adjustments. :) Should be fairly easy to do~
  • pecanbiscuit
    Options
    which fitbit do you use? :o
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" & have maintained my 1200 per day.

When I exercise I intake additional calories -100.

So for example:
    (1200 (orig) + 300 (exercise) = 1500 (new daily total) -1400 (food consumption)

I exercise 5-6 times a week for 30 min @ high intensity with an additional 5-10 of calisthenics.

Have been able to maintain going on 8 mos now. ^.^

But maintaining like with a lot of other things is a bit of trial & error.

Good luck!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" And i maintain at 1750-2000 calories a day.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    which fitbit do you use? :o

I use Fitbit One. I thought about buying the flex but then again, I do a lot of hand movements at work and didn't want to screw up the results so opted for One instead. Love it; started seeing the weight come off after using it. Don't exactly know about maintaining on fitbit but I trust the numbers thus far so we'll see. :)
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Through lots and lots of exercise. :-)

I'm 4'10" and have maintained my weight for the past three years. I set my calorie goal to 2000 gross calories because I usually burn anywhere from 500-800 calories a day through running.

I have a FitBit, and typically when I am sedentary and don't exercise, my daily burn is about 1400.
  • hl05
    hl05 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm not as petite as you, but I am 5'2". When I reached my goal and started to maintain, I found that drinking teas such as green tea and tartary buckwheat tea really help. Also, I drank lots of lemon honey tea as well. They did wonders for my skin, and I really did feel like it helped me maintain my weight.
  • I'm 4'11" and I take in around 1300 cal a day. BUT it's not only about cal intake. I also pay close attention to carbs, protein, and fats I take in. I try to have 40% of my diet carbs, 40% protein, and 20% natural fats. And I also take a lean protein supplement on gym days.