too much Sugar

Options
I could use some advice. I'm having a hard time staying at my sugar goal. Today for example , my apple,banana and yogurt killed me with my sugar points. :-(

Thanks for any advice
Learning to eat better :smile:

Replies

• random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I could use some advice. I'm having a hard time staying at my sugar goal. Today for example , my apple,banana and yogurt killed me with my sugar points. :-(

Thanks for any advice
    Learning to eat better :smile:

Unless you have a medical need to limit your sugar, I recommend ignoring the sugar goal set by MFP. I track fiber instead and enjoy my fruit and yogurt!
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I ignore the MFP sugar goal and always have. It's very low and as you've already found, a little fruit or dairy throws you right over it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    I, too, think the MFP sugar goal is low, but I am mindful of it. As long as it's sugar from whole fruit then I am ok if I go over my limit a bit.
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am with everyone else on this....I blow it everyday and so I ignore it...too low or unrealistic.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sugar (refined or natural) is just a carb. If you are already tracking carbs, there is no need to track sugar. Enjoy your fruit, yogurt, Snickers, etc....just stay within your calories and macro counts and you will be just fine.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I had trouble sticking to my sugar goal as well. I went to my goals and upped my sugar goal. Problem solved. As others have pointed out, carbs are carbs. It seems like you are getting your sugar from mostly micro nutrient rich foods anyways, just either ignore your sugar goal, or raise it.
  • keygomes
    keygomes Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you, You are the second person to tell me since i'm getting the sugarfrom good foods and i"m only negative 3 today. To just go ahead and watch it but not worry about it.:smile:
  • keygomes
    keygomes Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you all of you. I'm new at all this and that was a great help. I am determined to get in better shape.
    :happy:
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Thank you, You are the second person to tell me since i'm getting the sugarfrom good foods and i"m only negative 3 today. To just go ahead and watch it but not worry about it.:smile:
    I too do not worry about sugar intake from whole fruits and vegetables. You're doing fine.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    [/quote]
    I too do not worry about sugar intake from whole fruits and vegetables. You're doing fine.
    [/quote]
    i don't either