Need to lose 140 + lbs to get healthy...anyone else in the s

Options
I'm Monique and I started my quest for health on January 3rd of this year. Less than a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure...I'm 24 years old. I was devastated, but I'm not gonna let my health defeat me. I've lost 14 lbs and have 140+ lbs to lose. A person of my height should weigh 130 but my goal is 150 for now. I'm here for support since I've quit every diet I've ever started. Now, I watch what I eat and keep track of food and exercise on MFP. The gym makes me feel insecure so I'm sticking with WII exercses for now.

Friends would be nice to help me with my journey...good luck to us all!!!

Replies

• LynseyLous
    LynseyLous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hello i need to loose 100 welcome to MFP its fab and good luck x
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm in the 100+ club too. You've got plenty of company! I'll send a friend request if that's OK :)
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I am right there with you girlie!!!! You will gain a lot of supporters here! Trust me! You will do great. Best of luck on your journey! I'll send you a friend request. Stay in touch!
  • kbairdphillips
    kbairdphillips Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I need to lose over a hundred too.....Welcome to MFP. It's a great tool and good luck on your weight loss journey!! You can add me!!
  • takethepieces
    Options
    Hi - I'm aiming for 122lb weight loss to get me to 154lbs, a few lbs lower than my highest ideal weight for my height. I've lost 66 of those pounds so far. I was in the same boat, until this time round I had only ever managed a few days before giving in on a diet. I'm almost a year in now (would be a lot further but had a huge gain at christmas!) I'm 25. Add me if you like xox
  • moquintana
    moquintana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks I need all the support I can get. My husband is 6'4" and 150 lbs, he tries to help LOL but he will never understand what it is like to be heavy...he eats what he wants when he wants and never gains weight!
  • Sunnrise83
    Options
    i'm in the 100+ club myself! just remember you can do anything you set your mind to. if people can't get in line with the re-forming you than kick them to the curb!! you deserve to be healthy and don't let anything get in your way of trying to do this for yourself. Good Luck!!
  • Stepmom1
    Stepmom1 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm Monique and I started my quest for health on January 3rd of this year. Less than a year ago I was diagnosed with diabetes and high blood pressure...I'm 24 years old. I was devastated, but I'm not gonna let my health defeat me. I've lost 14 lbs and have 140+ lbs to lose. A person of my height should weigh 130 but my goal is 150 for now. I'm here for support since I've quit every diet I've ever started. Now, I watch what I eat and keep track of food and exercise on MFP. The gym makes me feel insecure so I'm sticking with WII exercses for now.

Friends would be nice to help me with my journey...good luck to us all!!!

Hello, you got it!! I can be your buddy!! I exercise 6 days a week, cardio & weights!! You can do workouts at home if you don't like the gym.

I can give you some ideas. Please email me if you want so I can share some tips.

But basically, try to incorporate weights in routine to build lean muscle mass and it will burn more calories and fat than just cardio alone.

Eat lean proteins like chicken breast, pork tenderloin, fish like Tilapia, Swai or Salmon, etc
    Avoid white flours, white rice, white potaotes, and go for 100% whole grains, oatmeal, brown rice, veggies, and salads.

I hope this helps!

Maria
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I think you will find this website very helpful. I had 127 pounds to lose:cry: but with help from the tools on this website and the amazing support I have had I now have just over 70 more to go!:happy: I am almost to my half way point in just 4 months! You CAN do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • moquintana
    moquintana Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome thanks for the support...i look forward to chatting with you more in the near future.
  • hellotini
    Options
    You can do it! I've got approx 100 to lose. and this website has been so helpful. You've already taken a huge first step!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Same here, have lost 40 since Oct and another 150 would be nice. Good Luck to you and all the posters, I truly believe we can do it! GO MFP!
  • Dobby123
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 85 to 100lbs....
  • imom2kne
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome! You will find a lot of people here with simlar stories. Good for you for acting on it early. I am 49, have been heavy and then obese all my life and am only just learning that I deserve to be healthy. Good luck.
  • optbabe
    Options
    Hi there! Im Chrissy. Im looking to lose about 20 lbs. Any advice or helpful hints would be a plus~! Thanks!
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ME TOO !!! got bad knee, feet , back ...... And am sure if I get this weight off it will help all those parts and more.
  • resptech97
    Options
    Thanks I need all the support I can get. My husband is 6'4" and 150 lbs, he tries to help LOL but he will never understand what it is like to be heavy...he eats what he wants when he wants and never gains weight!
    I know what you mean. Its funny to me that I get most of my "weight loss" tips from people who have NEVER had to lose any weight. Just push back from the table they say. Riiighhhtt! They dont know what being addicted to food it like! Well I have been there and am still working on my life of dealing with food issues! But I am slowly winning the battle!
  • wendyfaye83
    Options
    Im with you hunny 100+ here too . Good luck, we can all do it !!!
  • lalamcneil
    Options
    im with you...150 for me to lose total...i just started my journey on Dec 10 and signed up for a gym on Christmas Eve...when i walk into the gym i feel intimidated but then i realize im not there for anyone but myself. and for me its better if i can go in the middle of the day while everyone else is at work.

my husband is like yours....can eat and eat and never gain a pound, and although he loves me exactly for who i am he is proud of me for taking on the challenge to lose the weight and get into shape.

everyone ive talked to on this site are very encouraging and supportive. YOU CAN DO THIS, JUST REMEBER IT'S FOR YOU!
  • andro12
    andro12 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm definitely in the same boat, started a week and a half ago, and I'm aiming at losing 140 as well :)