Does anyone else do this too?

Options
I'm always worried that i'm over on my calories, so for now on, i'm leaving 100 calories left over , for human error , in case i logged wrong for that day. Does anyone else do this?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people post that they do this, but I never have. If you are using a food scale and tracking everything, I don't really see the need.
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't purposely leave calories, but I don't eat back all my exercise calories.Yes, I use a food scale and track everything, but there will also be some error. Also, I'm not totally confident on calories burned. Bottom line, I never cut my net calories so-o-o-o- close that it will make or break my weight loss.
  • nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    I don't purposely do it. I'm usually under my goal by 200-300 on average. Maybe it helps because I don't really measure my food.
    I don't eat back calories either.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I try to leave calories because I anticipate that I've been crediting with burning more than I've actually burnt through exercise. However, on days when I don't exercise, I just weigh and measure food and don't worry about leaving a buffer.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    no because where does it stop? why not 150? 200? 250?
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    No, I don't.

And for the fact that your only eating 800-1000 calories on most days, you shouldn't either. You're doing it wrong.

Edited to add:

Here are two important threads you should read.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1343719-get-rich-quick?hl=get+rich+quick

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    yes I do this too.
    I also don't like to eat back my calories burned despite what others say. I only do this because a lot of things are guestimated here. I don't have a heart monitor so when I plug in my workouts it tells me roughly what I've burned. the same goes for some foods- particularly anything that's homemade. I'm never really sure if I've over eaten or if I've really burned off as much as they say. So for those reasons I always try to stay under my calories.