Newby!

Options
Hi! I'm Lisa and I'm really excited about this site.
Right now my focus is to start eating more healthy and getting more active at a slow pace. Then sometime in April I hope to step it up a bit and start a more rigerous training schedule in hopes of run ning a 1/2 marathon in September.

Good Luck to everyone!!

Replies

• 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been here a week and a half and I love it! You can add me if you'd like! :)
  • themrsbriggs
    themrsbriggs Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i'm Mary Beth and i'm new too :) i'm really excited about this website and hope that it will help me to lose weight and be healthier. I am working out several times a week but am hoping to do more. my biggest obstacle is eating a healthy dinner. i am a school teacher so lunch is usually good (i pack) but i can't seem to eat breakfast. any pointers?
  • tinawharrison
    Options
    I love this site! It's really helped me to stay focused, most of the time :)
    Good luck, feel free to add me too!

*Tip, have a cooking hour, freeze healthy dinners, so you don't have to cook when you get home!
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Breakfast can be as simple as a yogurt with some healthy fiber cereal or granola mixed in or a piece of fruit (or the kind packaged in a cup w/o sugar) and a granola/fruit bar. I just read that eating as far as 2hrs after awakening is ok. Also read to eat dinner as lunch and then make dinner light. Hope that helps!
  • lisaisonamission
    Options
    Just sent a friends request.
    I hope we can help each other get back to a healthy life.
  • lisaisonamission
    Options
    Hi Mary Beth!
    I am on day 2 and have done good to watch what I eat. Still not good but at least I've passed on all the junk food. Still have not exercised but I will add that in a day or two. All this cold weahter, snow and rain really makes me want to stay in and do nothing.
    I will take a packed lunch over a school lunch any day!

Good luck on your journey!
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    I'm a teacher too. It is hard to come home and eat a healthy dinner after a long day. I'm TERRIBLE about eating breakfast! When I do eat it, I usually have oatmeal but I can tell you when I do eat breakfast by 10 AM I am starving. When I skip, I don't notice the hunger at all! I usually eat a midmorning snack (Special K bar).

I also am new here. I really am hoping the extra 'cheerleading' and food log will help me get back on track and meet some lifelong goals! I'm always open to new recipes, tips, or just to chat! Good luck!
  • lisaisonamission
    Options
    Mary Beth, As far as breakfast I don't have any ideas. sorry! I use to be a big breakfast eater but the older I get the more I skip it. I've started drinking coffee about 2-3 years ago and so I'm wondering if that has something to do with no morning appetite. But when I do eat I like the Special-K with yogurt and put slices of banana in it. Very filling.
  • Jartexas
    Jartexas Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, it's been a great source of support for me in the past week plus, I only used the Android app for the first 8 days so I missed out on getting to know some great folks. Now I get to say positive things daily to some very good people, feel free to add me to your list of friends.