Gimmick product that you hate yourself for liking/using

Options

Replies

• jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I feel this way briefly when I am eating spoonfuls of cookie butter out of jar, then mid way through the jar I don't feel much at all. :indifferent:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I've been building my fairways head heavy and short for many years. I'm a 1.8 cap, so you have some decent company.

On a related note, we just helped my teenaged son buy his first car from a local dealership. The one with the commercials that are life-alteringly grating and where I'd had a very poor customer service experience about two months prior. I swore I'd never go back there. Turned out great, the car is wonderful and the CS the second time around was much better. I still hate myself every time the commercial comes on.

My God, was that another language?

Nee maar ik kan een beetje Nederlands spreken.

Ik kan om en dat was het niet.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I hate that I love my shake weight
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    I've been building my fairways head heavy and short for many years. I'm a 1.8 cap, so you have some decent company.

do you just lead tape them, or how do you had your weight?

Depends on the make. If I use higher end components (like Wishon) there's two weight ports already in the design for brass or tungsten slugs.

If it's something like a Taylor Made RBZ or similar off the rack club, I'll typically add a handful of polyfill (like the crap that always comes out of pillows) into it via the weight screw port. Just squish it in there with a flat head screwdriver a bit at a time. Has the bonus effect of muting some of the clang of newer heads. And then shorten the shaft either by the butt end or the tip depending on how it's been playing. Adding a few grams of weight at the head softens the flex, so tipping it a bit will firm it back up and shorten it.

My 3W is typically 42", and 5W is 41.

I've used a set of Wishon 550c's, but I'd not seen any of their current fairway woods. 43.5 and 44" is getting a little ridiculous on light shafted 3 woods though. Heck, I'm a used to be 4 playing at about 18 now and I find the 3 wood to be no "safer" than a driver sometimes.

I play with a steel shafted Callaway Hawkeye Deuce right now. Guy who reshafted it thought I was nuts for spending money on it, but at 250ish off the deck, it's not distance that I even care about on my 3 wood.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Fresh balls & Fresh breasts. Look em up I guess, I can't even get into explaining. My man was bought fresh balls for a gag gift a couple years ago, actually used it and loved it so much we've been buying the male and female equivalent since then (and also been giving them out as gifts for a laugh). With how much we actually like the product I do kind of hate the name, just for well being a tad blunt I guess.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I hate that I love my shake weight

Watch this:

https://screen.yahoo.com/shake-weight-dvd-000000161.html

Still loving it?
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    This. I'm a little OCD and now the top of my desk isn't sufficient enough -- I need my bag floating in air, completely germ free.

hanger_ontable.jpg
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    Kim Kardashian
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Magic Bullet (Not the fun kind). I blame insomnia and the entertaining infomercial at 4am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc

It doesn't do nearly as much as it claims, but it does make a decent enough smoothie.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    How has Shamwow not been mentioned yet?

It can hold up to 12 times it's own weight in liquid...
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    my 2nd juicer… my 1st one burned out after many uses and then I got the ninja and it was fine. then for some stupid reason decided to buy another juicer cause it was on sale… :P now it sits on my counter… :P
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    How has Shamwow not been mentioned yet?

It can hold up to 12 times it's own weight in liquid...

Because I actually LIKE my shamwow...I use it every night...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    coconut oil
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I got a TRX, believed the hype. *hangs head in shame*
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The Clapper. I got one for Christmas as a kid. I freaking loved that thing.

I got the clap around Christmas time.

Oh, wait, that's not what you meant, is it?
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    The Bullet Dessert maker...it actually had a sign warning you to be careful of the 'blades'........IT DIDN'T Have ANY BLADES!!!! it mashed the fruit, not well either. my food processor makes better desserts from frozen fruit.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Astroglide. But it's better than the alternative.

This ain't no gimmick! Tested and approved. :drinker: