anyone perfected the cauliflower pizza???

Options
2»

Replies

• diamondrose26
    diamondrose26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mine has definitely been on the "fall apart" side probably too much moisture, but I'll have to try some of these techniques. Either way it was still delicious :)
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight! I found through trial and error of course that you do not need to cook the cauliflower. I put it through the food processor raw. The heat of the oven cooks the cauliflower just fine and there's no water to squeeze out! So much easier and less time consuming!
  • nathanbakr
    nathanbakr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like using low fat wheat Tortillas for the base and ad toppings
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I just made cauliflower crust pizza yesterday and it turned out great! I found the recipe in an old post from Myfitnesspal and it is the first recipe that makes a crispy crust you can cut and eat with your hands!

4 cups of Cauliflower rice ( grind cauliflower florets until it looks like rice)
    1 egg
    1/3 cup of soft goat cheese
    1 teaspoon of oregano
    1 clove of garlic finely chopped (my addition)
    1 pinch of salt

the trick is that after boiling the cauliflower rice you strain it into a thin towel and squeeze out as much of the water as possible. If your mixture is too wet, you will end up with a mushy crust.

Please feel free to message me for any details :) Would be happy to share!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    No, it always looked like too much work for me and cauliflower can be pricey. Yellow squash is often free in the south as someone is always handing you a bag of it from their garden. I use this recipe all the time except I use any blended shredded cheese, egg beaters and only 1/4 cup of gluten free flour and some Italian mrs dash. This gets it to about 96 calories a slice.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/summer-squash-pizza-crust/

I used a food processor to shred the squash. We always intend to make pizza out of it but It comes out like a big slab of cheesy bread smelling great and we just tear into it!