New again from Scotland

Gracebt
Gracebt Posts: 4 Member
Hi! Was on MFP for a little while and really struggled to lose 10lbs. Since then (March) Ive moved 3 times and been through a fair amount of stress. Needless to say, Ive ballooned. Started back on MFP yesterday and find it fairly easy to use the app and exercise app.

Im nearly 53 (in 10 days) and in the midst and depths of peri-menopause which isn't helping the weight gain and body changes. I really must do something about it as I'm now a UK size 14 and 155lbs which is far too much for my 61" (if I stretch) height :-)

Happy to hear from anyone but would love to hear from ladies (or men) who are also at that stage in their lives where they aren't quite "spring chickens" anymore but not quite in our dotage :-)

Grace :-)

Replies

• Gracebt
    Gracebt Posts: 4 Member
    Hello? Anybody out there? :-)))
  • kwatson28
    kwatson28 Posts: 31
    If it counts, I'm fairly young but my weight isn't going anywhere. I've been doing everything I can. So I think a trip to the doctor is in order for me!
  • PattyRadish
    PattyRadish Posts: 1 Member
    I definitely know how you feel! I'm in the same boat, but with more weight to loose. I started this to stay conscious of what I eat throughout the day. I hope it works!
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    hi all ! welcome every1.. im from IOWA the Corn State.. im in my 3nd week..& I really am impress w/MFP:)IT sure does help me a lot.. IM sure u will be fine.. im in my late40s I don't feel like ive hit menopause yet.. im walking more&cycling.. wood like to start&lift weights&c if that helps me more...its so hard losing.. ive got a lot to go.. so I hope ea.day,week,month will get easier.. good luck
  • atreides42
    atreides42 Posts: 51 Member
    Hello, I'm from the US and have much more to lose .. I'm about 6 weeks in.. Welcome to the community. :)
  • Eltorrero
    Eltorrero Posts: 1
    Same here new again to MFP! good luck on your goals
  • dawnaglow
    dawnaglow Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Grace, I just turned 50 this year and living in Florida, (hubby's idea to move here from New England, not mine). I too believe I am starting that dreaded time in every woman's life. I have never been able to lose the weight after having my 3rd child almost 20 years ago now, I have lost about 14 lbs in the last few months but, now I'm stuck..would really love to get down to 140, or close to it. Once my daughter returns to college in a couple weeks hopefully it will be easier to get back on track as she keeps tempting me and her dad with stuff we shouldn't be eating. She is under weight, as I was too when I was her age, so that has a lot to do with her not worrying about what she eats as much, though she does like eating healthy most of the time.
    My oldest son introduced me to this sight a couple years ago and I had gotten down to 150 something but, the stress of moving away from family and now not working I gained it all back. I stopped keeping track of what I was eating which I'm sure didn't help in gaining it back. Hopefully I can stay on track now that I have been in FL for a couple years now and have resigned myself into knowing that this is where I'm going to be staying for a while.
    Good luck everyone on reaching your goals.