depressed

Options
I;m having a reaally rough few days, i've gone over on my calories and I suspect that i'll have a gain this week instead of a loss. i'm really just not in a good place. I try to look at it from the stand point that i've already lost 50lbs & that's a victory in itself, but then i remember i still have 114 to loose & i get down on myself makeing me want to binge. If anyone has any advice for how to handle situations like this it would be greatly apprecaiated..

Replies

• jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you gained....so what. It's only one weigh in. The high point is that you realize what you did that wasn't good for you this past week.

OMG, 50lbs?!?! That is WONDERFUL!! Do NOT downgrade your accomplishment there. WTG!

So what if you have 110lbs to go or 20lb, you will reach your goal as long as you realize that you are human and you make mistakes. That's ok, that's life.

Just make sure going forward you remember what didn't work for you and try not to do it again. Chin up, you can do it!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Happiness and pant size are not related. Be happy. Let your pant size change at its' own pace.

The desperation to 'get there' usually means that you associate the arrival with something that does not exist in your life today. Thin is not a magical place. Nothing is different in 'thin' land. When thin happens, it will happen in the present. You will still be you with your problems, your insecurities and any 'triggers' that can cause you to over eat would still exist.

Love yourself as you are, where you are, today, in this moment. Then there will be no rush to transform. Love yourself now. Be content now. Then you will be content every day for the rest of your life (including days where your pants are a smaller size).

Charmagne
  • yogalotusadg
    Options
    thanks ladies, i really needed that! we can do this!