Feeling antsy when not working out

Options
Hey everyone!

So, I'm pretty new to the whole exercising everyday sorta thing, previously I would workout 3 or 4 times a week only and now I do about 6 times a week, and sometimes for more than an hour. I've noticed now that I feel incredibly antsy when I'm not working out - even on days when I've already worked out!

Does this ever go away? I don't want to burn myself out too quickly or anything and I don't want to get bored of doing the same exercises over and over again.

Any tips or advice?

Replies

• sashachilders18
    sashachilders18 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get VERY aggravated when I don't work out. I also play the cello so I can really tell when I'm trying to practice and I want to go really fast, but I get so irritated when I hit a wrong note. THEN i know I need to go work out haha. really can't break this thing haha Same with driving. If I have somewhere I need to be i get aggravated so easily at other drivers. ugh!! I know how you feel haha
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I find that if I don't work out I start getting depressed. when I feel it coming on I just hit the road and knock out a few miles. Always makes me feel better. Working out is good. If you feel you are doing to much, try something different for 30 minutes. You don't have to spend hours in a gym.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's why on days I'm not at the gym I do cardio. I don't really like it, though I know it's good for me, but not doing something is worse. Even then I can't wait to hit the gym again. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by antsy?

For example, I worked out this morning at the gym for 90 minutes. Tomorrow is cardio day, which I do at home on an elliptical (I only lift weights at the gym). Anyways, tonight on my way down into the city (we're in the country with gym near by) I had to drive right by my gym and I was already missing it, thinking it would be two days before I get to go back.

I'm sure it's because of endorphins or something. I definitely find working out is addicting, just like not working out is.
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am just getting back to that point again... I think it's so cool when that happens, makes me realize I am doing something right! :bigsmile:
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes. That's why on days I'm not at the gym I do cardio. I don't really like it, though I know it's good for me, but not doing something is worse. Even then I can't wait to hit the gym again. I'm not sure if this is what you mean by antsy?

For example, I worked out this morning at the gym for 90 minutes. Tomorrow is cardio day, which I do at home on an elliptical (I only lift weights at the gym). Anyways, tonight on my way down into the city (we're in the country with gym near by) I had to drive right by my gym and I was already missing it, thinking it would be two days before I get to go back.

I'm sure it's because of endorphins or something. I definitely find working out is addicting, just like not working out is.

By antsy I mean I get all jittering and I feel like I can't get anything done cause all I'm thinking about is working out more. I get very paranoid and feel like I'm going to fail if I don't work out more sometimes. I think I'm just obsessive though. I personally like working out, but it's just starting the workout that's the hardest part. Once I'm like 10 minutes in, I keep going until I hit at least 45 minutes, but usually go to about 60. My obsession for working out has far surpassed my cravings for sweets. But I guess that's a good thing.
  • ZaCkOX
    ZaCkOX Posts: 115
    Options
    Hey everyone!

So, I'm pretty new to the whole exercising everyday sorta thing, previously I would workout 3 or 4 times a week only and now I do about 6 times a week, and sometimes for more than an hour. I've noticed now that I feel incredibly antsy when I'm not working out - even on days when I've already worked out!

Does this ever go away? I don't want to burn myself out too quickly or anything and I don't want to get bored of doing the same exercises over and over again.

Any tips or advice?

I embraced it instead. I do over 1,000 minutes of exercise a week and I feel jittery all the time. But I feel empowered!