Thunder Thighs!!

Options
Okay My Fitness Pal I need some suggestions to help get rid of my thunder thighs. Even though I weigh around 100lbs I still have thunder thighs and I dislike it. I'm hoping to find ways to get rid of these chunky legs!

Replies

• nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. The best way is diet, weight training, and cardio.
  • AshJewell1
    Options
    Any cardio exercises that you recommend?
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Any cardio exercises that you recommend?

:laugh:

sorry i'm laughing because you seemed to have moved right past the other dozen or so words that nics wrote.

you cant spot reduce. you reduce size of your thighs same way as you would the rest of your body which is eating at a deficit
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    pics of said thunder things please.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Even though I weigh around 100lbs I still have thunder thighs and I dislike it. I'm hoping to find ways to get rid of these chunky legs!

Pics or it didn't happen? Are you 4'11"?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    100 pounds with thunder thighs? Are you 4'8"? I'm sorry, but I don't think you have thunder thighs.
  • mackmama11
    mackmama11 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thighs are a problem area for me too. I used to do a lot of squats and got lots of compliments on my "big pretty legs". I started doing yoga and so far its the only thing that has helped, making my athletic legs more feminine.
  • AshJewell1
    Options
    Yes I'm quite short. My thighs are chunky to me. I've been trying to tone them up a little. I know you can't spot reduce I just need some more ideas for cardio exercises.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm quite short. My thighs are chunky to me. I've been trying to tone them up a little. I know you can't spot reduce I just need some more ideas for cardio exercises.

How tall are you?

And if you are concerned about body composition, then you should be looking more at strength/resistance training.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    The ONLY thing that reduces is eating at a deficit. If you want to retain the muscle while you reduce, then do some strength training.

You can get a deficit by doing any cardio you want, but if you want to lose fat, eat less than you burn.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm very pear shaped and have awful thunder thighs. My waist is 1-2 sizes smaller than my thighs. Hate them. I've dropped weight and to me the pear shape is more obvious as my upper body & ab's are so much smaller than my legs. Sorry not much help other than what others have suggested.
  • Missfit35
    Missfit35 Posts: 75
    Options
    This is for ashjewell11 DROP IT DROP IT LOW GIRL DROP IT DROP IT LOW GIRL! Squats ,lunges, diet, cardio= 2 sessions early morning 40 min and late evening 40min. Drop the sugar from your diet add protein add lots of water and drop it drop it low girl drop it drop it low girl !
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

How tall are you?

And if you are concerned about body composition, then you should be looking more at strength/resistance training.

This. Cardio is not going to "tone' your thighs but squats and dead lifts will.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just came to put in my two cents that pear is a delightful shape. c:

And if OP wants to do cardio, it doesn't matter which kind you pick, really.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Can we PLEASE stop calling them Thunder thighs? A lot of women carry their excess fat in their legs. It's totally normal, healthy and even sexy. Learning to accept and like your thighs goes a lot farther than trying to widdle them away (which never really works anyway). If anything work on making them strong and awesome (squats, deadlifts, etc) in addition to being big.
  • daisylenora
    daisylenora Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    don't see the point of wanting little thighs but to each their own :).. like everyone else said squats deads lunges and more. That will make them look amazing and it will shape them up.
  • ThePrincezz
    ThePrincezz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! One product you can get is a "foam roller" one brand is by Gold's Gym...sold at Wal-mart...20 bucks or less....they look like a small pool fun noodle but a lot stronger foam....I had a personal trainer for a short time and he taught me that you can use it for that fatty pocket on the outer part of your thigh...it helps to shape your thighs and break up the hard fatty tissue...a plus is it loosens up those sore muscles as well. Here is a website that shows some exercises.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/foam-roller-exercises
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    try and of the ballet workouts available. Tracy Anderson, ballet beautiful and the like. If you have already gotten rid of the weight in that area these can help create a long lean look. best of luck
  • ChinoHDT
    ChinoHDT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    HiiT training for cardio.

Like others said you can't spot reduce and also without a clean diet and effecient weight training you won't lose anything in your legs.

Don't forget you need to work on burning the fat and a lon burn is achived through a combination of predominantly strenght work and then 20-25 mins of High intensity interval training.

Some times genetics plays a huge park and you won't be able to ever achive a twiggy looking legs so i think you should be comfortable in your own skin and accept that others like you the way you are already, any changes you want to do should not be made the be all or end all
  • ChinoHDT
    ChinoHDT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!!! One product you can get is a "foam roller" one brand is by Gold's Gym...sold at Wal-mart...20 bucks or less....they look like a small pool fun noodle but a lot stronger foam....I had a personal trainer for a short time and he taught me that you can use it for that fatty pocket on the outer part of your thigh...it helps to shape your thighs and break up the hard fatty tissue...a plus is it loosens up those sore muscles as well. Here is a website that shows some exercises.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/foam-roller-exercises

Sorry but foam rolling is only effeicent in helping to move latic acid away from muscles so don't become sore / soreness is managed.

foam rolling will do nothing for fat reduction in the same sense that getting a message will not burn fat it will just move your fat around