how do i get started?

brendaboop
brendaboop Posts: 19 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

I;m Bren

just looking for some advice, what excersies can i do at home i have a family and not alot of time to go to a fitness place?

anything i can do with the kids and husband

anything i can do while i'm at work where i sit most of the time?

thanks for your help~

Replies

• brendaboop
    Hi,

I;m Bren

just looking for some advice, what excersies can i do at home i have a family and not alot of time to go to a fitness place?

thanks for your help~
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to our happy existance!

One thing I found fascinating is Princess Laundry goes out and runs and plays with her kids. They play follow the leader and what not. It keeps everyone moving and it burns calories without having to worry about getting bored!

What I do at work is make myself get up and ask a coworker something, take a walk on break/lunch, just move any chance I get. It's so easy to get into the habit of paging over the intercom or typing out an email. If you can't leave your desk too often, do knee raises or bring little weights with you and do curls and military presses while talking on the phone.

I have found that in the evenings, I feel awesome after a stroll around the park/neighborhood with the hubby. And I eat less!

Don't think that you HAVE to be a gym-rat or purchase a million workout tapes. So long as you move and keep moving and take the time to eat healthy and challenge your muscles, you will see results.

:happy:
    Happy Friday!
  • brendaboop
    thanks i'm going to try the curls while i'm at my desk

thanks~
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Bren!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I read your name as Mr. Sewer & thought we had a plumber sign up. :laugh:

Good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Hi,

I;m Bren

thanks for your help~

I like that old VHS I have called "AM/PM Callenetics." You do it 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at bedtime. It wakes you in the morning and relaxes you at bedtime, and the stretches work the whole body and are simple enough (kind of a combination of yoga and isometrics?) All you need is an exercise mat or soft carpet. I've looked for the new version on DVD, but haven't found one yet. GOOD LUCK!
  • brendaboop
    Hi i'm going to change that right now :tongue:

• brendaboop
    Hi,

yeah i decided to get up at 5am it's the only time that the entrie house is quite so i should be able to work out then I'll let you know how it goes.:smile:
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Testing 1 2 3
  • brendaboop
    read loud and clear
    over:glasses:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Hello! Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: I would say that if you've got kids you're probably active enough..lol j/k No, on a serious note, you could start out walking. I don't know how old your kiddos are, but strap them in the stroller, or pull them in a wagon and get out there! :smile: Also, if u have a local ymca, they offer a daycare type thing where they watch your kids for ya while you workout, or swim. Maybe u could have hubby watch the kids and go in the other room and do an exercise video. Good luck, and awesome for you for asking for help, that's always a step in the right direction!
    :heart: Lauren
This discussion has been closed.