Starting over - again

Options
Good morning all. So a breif summary of my journey. In 2006 when I met my husband (to be, at the time), I was 140. We got married 1 year later, I was 160 then. Had a baby in 2009, after delivery i was 210 (baby weight gone already). I gained 50 lbs since then, and had baby #2 February 2014. I've been wanting to do something but have had no true motivation. All my accountability techniques have failed along with the weight loss programs/attempts. THIS TIME - I believe it is different. A co-worker of mine is near my size, and lost 20 lbs recently. Plust my husband is about to leave for basic training, AIT for the National Guard in September. While my husband is gone, I don't feel as pressured to stock junk food in the house. My 5 year old loves fresh fruits and vegetables and many other healthy choices. She will actually eat a salad for dinner if that's what I set on the table...and she doesn't complain! So since my husband is gone I can feel free to eat more healthy, and I won't blow money on the candy and chips he's always wanting.... In the past I always tried to lose with my mom, and her house is never a good influence! She threw a birthday dinner for my daughter this weekend and had me make a cupcake princess dress with 48 cupcakes. There were only 6 people there! She sent 5 home with me, I immediately gave them to our sitter today to share with all the kids. lol. But as much as my mom wants to help, she really doesn't have the motivation like i haven't.

Now, I think about not seeing my husband for 3 months, and then another 3 months after that....maybe i can lose around 30 lbs each 3 months. When he sees me each time, it'll be a good surprise. I started last monday at 265.6, today I weighed in 258.6. If i can lose 10 lbs a month even, I'll be half way to my goal by christmas! That'd be awesome, cuz that is when I see the majority of my family! My husband won't be back home until March 2015, I could be 200 or less by then. Even though that number is still high to some people, especially considering I am only 5' 2", but compared to what i've been seeing for the past 4 years as the numbers have gotten higher, its great! My goal right now is to get back to 160. So I have 105 lbs to lose total, 98 remaining!

The other reason I am glad he will be gone, is that we won't be trying to get pregnant again while i'm trying to lose weight! lol. If I get pregnant when he gets back and I still have weight to lose, well I can handle that. I lost 10 my first pregnancy, gained 20, lost 15 during my second pregnancy, and only gained 17 back. So i know that i can basically maintain my weight loss during my pregnancy, but i'd rather not postpone my weight loss for an entire 9 months!

I could use as much support as possible, so the more "friends" i have watching me, encouraging me, monitering me....the better I'll do. The best i've ever done is when I wrote a blog "the diary of a white fat chic"....

Replies

• Nataliea87
    Nataliea87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Life often can get in the way of our fitness plans and goals, can't tell you how many times I've started up, only to stop!

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. Perhaps by the time your hubby gets home from Basic Training, you'll have already set yourself into a regimented diet and exercise routine! I know how hard it can be when you have a "junk food junkie" as your significant other. Mine eats Taco Bell a minimum of 4x per week!

I've found that posting in the forums, as well as adding lots of friends who have been consistent loggers/posters really has helped me to stay motivated in terms of sticking with MFP.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting over (again) as well. Feel free to add me. I am 320 pounds, with the hopes of getting down to 195 at some point. But, first.... let's work on under 300. Lolz.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome! request sent ;)
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over, too.
  • Twins_mommy09
    Twins_mommy09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm starting over also after 2 pregnancies! Feel free to add me! I have a goal of at least 80lbs to lose.
  • lindsienygaard
    lindsienygaard Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over after having twins 6 weeks ago. I lost 80lbs, then gained it all back while pregnant. Feel free to add me.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    im starting over again too and need new friends
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can add me for support!
  • JoB998
    JoB998 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am also starting again, I lost 33lbs last year but lost my motivation. I have kept the weight off but have about the same to go again. I found the support of others so helpful last time, I am planning to log daily again so am happy to support back. Anyone feel free to add me. Thank you.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    FR sent!
  • smitaosunsade
    smitaosunsade Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started over AGAIN! five days ago
    please feel to add me as I need all the motivation I can get as well!
    im 227lbs as of last Thursday and just want to break that 200lb barrier first.
    any advice you can share id appreciate!
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me if you wish! I lost 20# last year then quit trying...though I've kept it off I still have about 40# to go to get to my first goal weight.

Let's do this! :flowerforyou:
  • RinaIvanna
    RinaIvanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me. I've have an account of here for a while now. It's time to actually put in work this time around :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • slimnfit613
    slimnfit613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi MFP's. I am also starting over again. Time to get moving and get results. Feel free to add me. I will encourage and motivate however I can.

Good luck to all of you! WE can do this!!

:wink:
  • asphaltflower
    Options
    Hi all!
    Same here, new account and starting fresh. I'd love some friends to help keep me on track. :)