Newbie who wants some friends :)

Options
I've had MFP for a while but never took it seriously. 2 years ago I became a gym freak and lost 35 lbs in 3 months. That feeling was awesome! Then a year later my father was injured and being that the only hospital that could treat him was 2 hours away I was driving back and forth everyday and never had time to workout or make myself meals to stay healthy. Well he's better now and I want to lose those 35 lbs again but this time I don't have my friends reminding me "you don't need that double cheeseburger!" Lol. I've been adding a lot of people on here because I also like to give some motivational words, just not sure if everyone feels the same. Let's be friends :)

Replies

• caseyjarryn
    caseyjarryn Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I find that knowing I have MFP friends looking at my food diary each day makes turning down those treat foods a lot easier... even if I don't know anyone in person! haha.

I'll send you a friend request!

Others can feel free to add me as well :)
  • Missboss888
    Missboss888 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOL I just made mine public today for that reason! Lmao
  • davidwrocklage
    davidwrocklage Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know the draw of the cheezeburger! I recommend http://www.amazon.com/Meat-*kitten*-guide-dudes-names/dp/B005O0VL40. It's aimed at men but has some real info that applies to nutrition, health, food in the US and more. A real eye opener.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    We aren't newbies, we are just getting back in the game! I had a similar story of being healthy and in shape, then life changed. Been at this a year and a half and I am now where I was 11 years ago. Friend request coming your way. :smile:
  • Missboss888
    Options
    Awesome thank you :)
  • Missboss888
    Options
    Oh man David! I'm from deep south Texas, where we kill our own cows to make Christmas dinner! Lol
  • SassyinTexas14
    Options
    I have ben playing around with MFP for couple of years now. I just started a new job and applied for supplemental life insurance and was turned down due to my weight and being on HBP medication. It really hit me at how much I have let myself go. I used to play every sport and loved hiking and biking...now you can find me on the couch. My parents died at early ages. My father had a heart attack and died at age 52 and my mother died of copd and emphysema at age 62. I need to make some much needed changes.
  • Missboss888
    Options
    I know what you mean! We can do this together :)