calculating meals

Options
how do you calculate meals you make....like tonight i made turkey meat with spices and i kinda just guessed ....looking for maybe suggestions?I just added each item seperately...lol

Replies

• karen415
    Options
    I do the same thing, that way I know everything is accounted for. If its not already in the database that is...................:wink:
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    In the foods section you can create a recipe and save it for later (so you don't have to enter everything separately again)
  • happy115
    Options
    I love that recipe option. When I make something, I usually use same things - if I need to tweek a few things, I just go back into the recipe and change it back around. Makes adding it so much easier!
  • purplefreak60
    purplefreak60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The recipe function is definitely the way to go!
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I put all the food/spices into the recipe app under food tab, it will calculate the servings, it's very helpful.
  • GolfLady10
    GolfLady10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I too use the recipe builder for all my favorite family recipies. It works great.
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    Thankyou all for the helpful replies:happy: :happy:
  • ya3goub
    ya3goub Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is not always straight forward, because items change weight when they are cooked? I am having trouble specifically with chicken breasts, for example, I used 1013g of raw chicken breasts, and 2 packs of a marinade called Flava-It Louisiana BBQ Marinade, after I grilled the breasts, their total weight was 602g. When I input single ingredients in their raw form, I get too much high protein per serving, which is unfair? So I end up logging the cooked breasts separately, plus divide the packets among them evenly and manually, and this gets really tedious when I prepare my marinade from fresh spices and they get quiet a few! Any suggestions?