Hi, stubbornly positive and looking for like minded ppl

Options
radario
radario Posts: 59 Member
I've been logging here for 2 months now but only recently started exploring the forum.

There is such a wealth of information here and I've read some beautiful, informative and inspiring stuff. But to be honest there's just so much negativity and bickering too that it makes it difficult to filter out what I'd like to see. I was just going to not bother with it anymore, but since I'm all about not giving up these days, I thought I'd start here and see if any of you can help me figure out how to connect with people with a similar outlook and goal. A strong network is such an asset and I know MFP can provide that, I just haven't figured out how best to do it yet :)

Replies

• DiCez
    DiCez Posts: 9
    Options
    Sure!! add me :)
  • amandamc119
    amandamc119 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I totally get you!

Ive been on and off for a while on here and now I really want to make changes to my life.

I have tried loosing weight with my mum who wants to shape up but has no motivation at all and I find myself trying to motivate her as well as myself... too much hard work.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer last year at the age of 26. Went through 2 ops, chemo and radiotherapy. Shortly after finishing all the treatment I went back for my annual check and discovered the cancer had returned outside my breast and is now incurable.

I have always eaten relatively healthy food, 'Everything in Moderation' is the way I felt about food. And when I got my second diagnosis I was at a 'whats the point phase'.

Now though, I have learnt to live with the cancer and want to acchieve all I can in the time I have left (which would be 5,10+ years)

I go to they gym twice a week now and I also go swimming twice a week as well as do zumba on my wii and have noticed just in the last few weeks a differance in the way I feel and the scales are showing me small losses.

I think we just need to put ourselves first and forget about the negative people. They wont achieve their goals with negativity. Positive Mental Attitude will get us a long way :-D

Good Luck in acheiving you goals!!!! (Feel free to add and be positive together)
  • radario
    Options
    Wow Amanda, that's some heavy stuff. Ii didn't know what to expect when I made this post. But it's fair to say someone with incurable cancer would not have been high on my list of probable responses. I am so very sorry you have been dealt such an unimaginably tough hand. I admire you for deciding to embrace whatever lies ahead and make the most of life. You are an example to many with a lot less to complain about.
    Sounds like you are very active and enjoying taking on this wright loss challenge. Maybe your mum will follow suit when she sees you enjoying herself. I guess she needs to figure out where she can get her motivation from, it can take time.
    Thanks for replying, I look forward to sharing this journey with you.
  • Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Please, all positive people, please feel free to add me. I am guilty of sitting at the Whiner Diner table about my weight, but I am really working on focusing on my mental diet more than my food diet. Being positive, focusing and building on the positive, and not letting negative thinking perpetuate the cycle. Learning to feel good NOW and not at any future health goal. Good luck on all our journeys and to Amanda for her share too!!!
  • radario
    Options
    Mexquisite added :) Focussing on your mental diet - I love it! Lose that negativity. It is holding you back. A better body will be a by-product of a positive and strong mental attitude. Real, lasting change where you are in control comes from within. Even before my weight loss started to be visible to others, I got comments about how well/happy I looked. These days. I finally managed to flick that switch on the negative internal dialogue I had developed.

Now I carry myself differently, I dress better, I have a strong, positive, humorous, forgiving internal dialogue and IT FEELS GOOD. I find it easier to stick to my plan - with skip ups of course, but I chalk them up to being human and carry on.

I'm being consistent, patient and positive - the results will come in time.