Right decision?

Options
Okay. The last 3 days I have done something stupid. I have had a net of only 100-200, eating only 900 calories and running 7.5 miles a day and walking my dog another 4. My question is whether having a higher day today at (or slightly above) maintenance will even that out a bit. I was already losing weight too fast seeing as I was only previously netting 500 calories most days and have lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks, I want to fix this situation but I also don't want to gain all the weight back on one night. I guess I just need reassurance that this is the right decision. yes

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I think you were given excellent advice in this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1357902-need-serious-advice
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    I didn't even ask the same question?
    I am just asking if a higher day today will spread out and make up for the last few days or pointless.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would strongly recommend you speak to your doctor, as it doesnt sound like you're in recovery for your ED any more.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    I didn't even ask the same question?
    I am just asking if a higher day today will spread out and make up for the last few days or pointless.

In my lay opinion, you're relapsing. We're choosing not to give you advice you should be getting from your doctor
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    I understand that, I really do, but I want to get back on track and not do anymore damage, so I really need advice about whether a day at maintenance (and going out for dinner) would be okay. I am trying to fight this and don't have access to a dr today so just want to know that I haven't screwed up my metabolism in a couple of weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I understand that, I really do, but I want to get back on track and not do anymore damage, so I really need advice about whether a day at maintenance (and going out for dinner) would be okay. I am trying to fight this and don't have access to a dr today so just want to know that I haven't screwed up my metabolism in a couple of weeks.

you shouldnt have a DAY at maintenance, every day should be maintenance, surely?
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    Oh I am planning to increase, I honestly have the meal plan already written up, but I was planning to do it 200 calories a week. I just meant a day at maintenance BEFORE that.
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Speak to your doctor. People on internet fora are not likely to be qualified to give you the advice you need to protect your health and make a good recovery. Good luck.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are back in full-on eating disorder mode. You need to see a doctor as soon as possible.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

Did you ever go to a doctor's office or even the ER and they made you wait.... and wait... and wait... wow I think I'm getting a bit angry now by all the waiting but that's not the point. Point is even then, you knew you were in the right place :) Don't worry about all this for a minute, just schedule your appointment and see your doctor.