how often do u weigh?

Options
my Dr. and my manager at the fitness center suggested i weigh once a month. I am currently weighing on the 14th of the month. Does anyone else only weigh once a month?? just curious thanks

Replies

• metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    my Dr. and my manager at the fitness center suggested i weigh once a month. I am currently weighing on the 14th of the month. Does anyone else only weigh once a month?? just curious thanks
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am not sure I could handle just once a month..... I do once a week tho
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh once weekly. Same day and time of day, clothing, etc.

I rarely weigh in between because it can really make me crazy.
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    I weigh in at least every two weeks I go to the dr and do it on the scale there at the dr office but I am on a weight plan with my dr as well as here. But i do look at the scale almost every day but never log that weight. I am not sure if it is accuate
  • MommyW
    MommyW Posts: 33
    Options
    I weigh every Friday AM. I usually eat better during the week.
  • shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    I know I shouldn't but I weigh everyday.....:blushing: I know it's so silly!!!
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options

Just like Tim, I follow the above rule. Once a week at the gym. Understanderble if you weigh at your doctor's that it's monthly but the wait will be too much for me!!! I am not that patient.

Well done on your achievement Mon, I started just about the same time of year as you did.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    lol I weigh every morning just to see how I am doing. I'm wearing the same clothes, well you know sleeping clothes
  • greeneyes490
    greeneyes490 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week (wednesday morning....same time...same day :)).....it is the only way I can guage how I did that week...if i gained I look back at what i ate etc and adjust for the following week....or if i lost i keep doing what i am doing......
  • GuitarGirl
    Options
    I usually weight weekly. And sometimes twice a week or more :ohwell:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Every Friday.. at 5am.. after I go to the bathroom.... naked with the scale on the 3rd tile from the wall.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OCD much? HEHE
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Every Friday.. at 5am.. after I go to the bathroom.... naked with the scale on the 3rd tile from the wall.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OCD much? HEHE

haha I weigh right after I go to the bathroom too! You know to get those last ounces out of there!!!!

:tongue:
  • every morning.
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    i weigh in once a week on friday morning before i eat or drink anything and after i pee. sometimes i cheat though and weigh in mid week but i don't put it down on here until friday. i think if your only weighing once a month it would make you less likely to do as much as you can. it would me anyway.
  • hgam1
    hgam1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

OCD much? HEHE

you think that is funny :bigsmile: i make sure i take off all accessories including wrist watch with my feet exactly within the scale lines, not even a hair band on!!!

manic i tell you!!!
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    Options
    After I had my second daughter my training said don't worry about weight, worry about inches. Muscle weighs more than fat, so as you tone you may end up weighing more. From that I only weigh myself once a month at the same time. Usually in the morning before I get in the shower.
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options

Just like Tim, I follow the above rule. Once a week at the gym. Understanderble if you weigh at your doctor's that it's monthly but the wait will be too much for me!!! I am not that patient.

Well done on your achievement Mon, I started just about the same time of year as you did.

Thank you very Much
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    we have people weight once a month because we don't want you to get caught in a trap, when you first start out your body is going to go nuts. your water weight is going to drop.you may add some muscle,
    If I' m starting to work with someone who wants to lose 100# or more the first thing I would let you know is: You did not gain 100# in a week or even a month so yo are not going to lose it in a month. I have people I train that I have not weighted in 3 months. Don't get caught in the numbers game, it more about how you feel, what you are eating.
    Good luck
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

OCD much? HEHE

you think that is funny :bigsmile: i make sure i take off all accessories including wrist watch with my feet exactly within the scale lines, not even a hair band on!!!

manic i tell you!!!

Too funny! I do the same. Different tile.
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I do it daily. I'd go mad if I couldn't do it often. Sometimes it gets me down, sometimes it makes me fly. :)
    I wish I could try once a week, but wouldn't know which day to pick :).