different weight on scales :(

Options
Ok so i have been happy for ages now i have managed to get to the weight i wanted to be or so i thought. Im now a little confused i weighed myself this morning where i usually weigh myself and as usual i had stayed the same. I then for some reason decided to move the scale and measure elsewhere and i was 5lb heavier. Confused i then tried few different spots, and half the time it said i was what i thought and then the other time it told me i was 5lb heavier. Now im confused and dont know what weightto believe.

Replies

• beccag28
    beccag28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    If you are happy with how you look it doesn't matter what the scale says :)
  • pinkfairybutton
    pinkfairybutton Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just found advice to check scales with something you know the weight of. So used a weight and put it on the scales and it came back the same weight in the different places, so how it gave me an extra 5lb i dont know lol
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just found advice to check scales with something you know the weight of. So used a weight and put it on the scales and it came back the same weight in the different places, so how it gave me an extra 5lb i dont know lol
    some scales don't show error for small weights but as the weight increases the error also increases and hence the deflection.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Ok so i have been happy for ages now i have managed to get to the weight i wanted to be or so i thought. Im now a little confused i weighed myself this morning where i usually weigh myself and as usual i had stayed the same. I then for some reason decided to move the scale and measure elsewhere and i was 5lb heavier. Confused i then tried few different spots, and half the time it said i was what i thought and then the other time it told me i was 5lb heavier. Now im confused and dont know what weightto believe.

The scale will change a bit as you move it around because the floor won't be completely level.

You should always weigh yourself with the scale in the same place, on a hard flat surface.

Just pick a spot and use it.