What's your 5k time?

Options
My 5k time is 33 min, I took up running 5 weeks ago on the c25k app and couldn't run 30 seconds so I'm currently feeling very proud of myself :)

Replies

• lowerhogan
    lowerhogan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's great going :)

My personal best is just over 24 minutes. But once you break the 30 minute barrier you will be surprised how quick you will get :)

Keep it up
  • Jaysus_The_Jay
    Jaysus_The_Jay Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I haven't exercised in years, and did a 5K run with absolutely no training in 36.04

I've now joined a gym because I definitely want to beat it next year
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have a 5k time.

But, to the OP: VERY encouraging. I'm looking to try c25k within the next couple of months. I've been walking and slowly upping my speed. Once I can comfortably walk a brisk pace, I'm gonna be looking to ease into jogging. I find your progress very encouraging. Thanks for sharing.
  • sammcgnz
    sammcgnz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used this website to get back into my running.
    http://www.fitforlifecoaches.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Beginner-5km-run-training-plan.pdf
    I had broken my ankle last year after being able to run 10km in 50 min at least twice a week. Through the recovery period I managed to put on 10kg and found it near impossible to get back into running. After doing this plan and following the run walk pattern I made it to being able to run 5km after the 5th week! I now am averaging speed of 9.6km per hour and hope to slowly increase it back to 10km per hour. I have read that you should only increase by 10% each week so think I will try to increase the distance rather than the speed and then when I get back up to 10km runs I will work on increasing pace. http://www.fitforlifecoaches.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Beginner-5km-run-training-plan.pdf
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My PB is 26:38 about 3 weeks ago. That's down from 42-43 mins back in January :-)
  • Sim123one
    Sim123one Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    26:35 :)
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My best is just under 35 mins. I've been running since end of March.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Well done OP!!

My PB is 25:14.
  • xxharleyquinnxx
    xxharleyquinnxx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Around 29 mins for me but saying that I am using the Run Double app and I don't think the GPS works right because on the map of my run it had lines going off the route and everything so probs about 33 mins for me really. I am hoping one day I can aim for 25!
  • lowerhogan
    lowerhogan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also guys, if there is one near you can i reccomend you take a look at http://www.parkrun.com/

it's a FREE timed 5k run and has a great community spirit. I take part in one local to me every saturday at 9.30
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm running one on Sunday, so will post then...and use the info here as a guideline. I am so not fast, and during the runs at home am doing about 10:45 pace, but only up to 3 miles, so that would be 32:15. We'll see if being in a "race" environment pushes me to go faster!
  • arwenmakin
    arwenmakin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    21.54 - aged 36. Aged 28 I was over 30 mins and would have called theyou crazy if you'd told me I'd ever have been that fast. Once you've got the bug, you've got it - stick with it and you'll get better and better, and well done!
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    good job!!

best 5k time for me to date is 29 minutes and 59.8 seconds. yes literally a second to spare, but I broke the under 30 minute mark, lol. This was not an actual 5k race, just running with my garmin in my neighborhood. Im hoping an actual 5k will give me better time with the extra support and motivation that comes with running in these types of runs.
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    27:00
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My best is about 30 minutes. I go for distance, not time, but I'm trying now to get faster while I train for a half. :)
  • moisom
    moisom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    DAM5412-- It absolutely will push you to be faster, but the most important part is finishing and having fun!! Good luck, run smart!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Broke a 22.45 in the winter months - haven't managed to get close to it since !
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I just completed the C25K app and ran my first full 5K in just over 35 minutes yesterday. I'm running in my first race Sept. 13. I've got a month and a half to work on my time!
  • crissy_w
    crissy_w Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Currently 38:56 just set a pb at parkrun last week :)
    when I started I was around 33 on my own and 30 in parkruns.
  • bigcle82
    bigcle82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just started running 5k's last year at about 30 mins and best time last year was 29:00. this year so far 27:00 improvement looking just to get better but also convince myself to do a 10k this fall