eating disorder recovery, help !!

Options
Hello, I am looking for people who have had an ED in the past and recovered or people who are trying to recover from one now, I have been struggling on and off with mine for years now and I'm at the point where I dont want to spend the rest of my life obsessing with the way I look and food, I just want to be normal, if that makes sense, I am 38, 5ft and at the moment weigh 106lbs, I have been recovering from an operation in January to remove my gallbladder which made me extremely ill last year, I have been eating healthy and walking at least twice a day for a minimum of an hour each time, I have found that I have been gaining weight the past few days and it's freaking me out, I'm trying so so hard not to weigh myself but it's a killer every time I go to the bathroom.
I hope I can find some new friends to help me through these tough times and I am so happy to help anyone who is struggling too.
Thank you xx

Replies

• phoenix1975
    Options
    Is there anyone that can help me?
  • phoenix1975
    Options
    Please
  • agentventi
    agentventi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. Trying to free myself from all of this. It is HARD!
  • mikevandewetering
    mikevandewetering Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When i was a child had a ED, i still have an obsession with food. But my tip is to start reverse dieting, by upping your cals with about 50 a week or so, mainly by upping carbs (and upping your amount of fat once in a while). You shouldn’t gain any weight when you do a proper reverse diet. Then go into a real minor surplus of 100-150 cals above your TDEE so you can reach a healthy weight. A reverse diet is a good way to restore your metablism or a good way to end your cut.

Also try to create balans in your diet, so you can start enjoying food again. I do it by using the 80-20 rule, 80% of my cals are from ''healthy'' sources and i allow myself to spent the other 20% freely (so this can be choclate or ice cream anything really). 1 ''unhealthy'' meal won't make you unhealthy like 1 healthy meal won't make you healthy.
    Just make sure you hit you minimal amounts of fats and proteins per day and the rest of your macro's are up to you.

I hope you can do something with this information, i wish you all the best. Feel free to ask me anything you like.
  • Jodsmission
    Jodsmission Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    For starters, I would say toss the scales. I am surprised no doc has ever told you this before.
    Numbers and data are not your friends.
  • phoenix1975
    Options
    Maybe we can help each other through this x
  • phoenix1975
    Options
    Thank you for your advice everyone, any help is much appreciated. X
  • TheFrugalFatass
    TheFrugalFatass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you'd like. My eating disorder started in 8th grade and I finally got into some decent, long-term recovery just a few years ago (I'm 47). I swung between anorexia and compulsive overeating, but the last five years was pretty exclusively compulsive overeating/binge eating.