Here again

Options
Fighting discouragement........
I am 42 and finding myself at the place again that weight is an issue. Until age 38 I weighed 300 lbs. I started learning about nutrition and exercise and successfully lost 130 pounds and was exercising regularly. Life happened (divorce, terminally ill parent, anemia, unemployment, started school, etc....) and I lost focus. I have gained back 40 lbs over the past year. Some of this was due to the health challenges and the response our body goes through in extreme stress. I have battled depression as well because of some of the things that are not in my control but must be walked through. I am back to the point of feeling like a "less than" and a "failure". I promised myself I would not go back to the old me, it is extremely important for me to model health for my children. I just can't believe I am facing this struggle again. I started journaling my intake 3 days ago and know that this is a key to weight loss (accountability to myself), also focusing on water intake. My job is sedentary, I try to be active with my kids but am in college and am a single mother of three so the list is unending. To be honest I don't know how or when I would add exercise in due to all the hats I wear, although once I start I love to exercise. Just throwing all this out there.........not sure what I expect. Hoping I am not in the boat alone!

Replies

• TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    First off and foremost welcome back! I am struggling to keep on track myself. Recently Divorced with two little ones and fighting to make sure I don't gain back what I've lost. I'm 36 and I was at 213 and am down to 183ish at this point and am struggling to lose more. One step at a time we can do this! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Msrivera, good for you for jumping on the issues at 40 lbs rather than waiting any longer, say 80 lbs or 100 lbs. And, congrats on the 130 lb loss ... a great achievement. So, your first big positive! You've done it successfully so you KNOW YOU CAN DO IT now!!! Making healthy choices, drinking lots of water, and honestly logging everything that passes over your lips is key ... even when you "cheat". Put a big picture of you at your lowest weight on your frig at eye level. Also pics of the kids. Use them as reminders as to why you are on this journey. As for exercise. Don't think you have to get in 30 minutes at a time ... do smaller increments. How about 10 minutes of knee raises, side bends, wall pushups, jumping jacks, etc ... just before you take your shower in the morning? Maybe a 10 minute walk mid-day during your lunch hour. Perhaps 10 minutes of leg lifts, running in place, toe touches? Take the stairs instead of an elevator, park further out in the parking lot of stores you shop in. Find small ways to increase your activity level. It doesn't take an hour at the gym to be more active.

Good Luck!! You can do it!! :drinker: