NSV: First Co-worker Comment Plus a Neighbor

Options
Wookinpanub
Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
I was really down on myself yesterday after gaining 2.4 lbs the last week. My diet had been slipping big time and this last week was especially bad which resulted in weight gain even tho I kill it at the gym 6 days a week. I posted about my discouragement yesterday under motivation and got some nice encouragement from this community.

I went for a walk last night and ran into a neighbor family. The wife/mom made two comments about 5 minutes apart about if I had lost weight. Asked how much (which I don't like sharing) and that I looked thinner in my face.

I walk into work this morning, and a co worker asked if I had lost weight. This is was my FIRST comment at work. It only took 5 months and about 40 lbs to get that first work comment.

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I think part of the reason people at work don't say anything is that they've seen you every day, & you've been slowly losing weight, so it kind of sneaks up on them. It's not like family you might see once every 6 months.
  • Mosley35
    Mosley35 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Well deserved. I can't wait until people starts to notice on me. I can't wait until MFP will start with the decline. I weigh more right now than I did when I initally set up my page 2 years ago but for this year I have lost 16 pounds.
  • saynay18
    saynay18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    :) Get it girl! This works! you're looking good. Keep it up!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Now today I had a customer lunch. Both of them really made a big deal as soon as I got to the table asking if I lost weight and that I looked great. Although it is nice to hear on some levels I don't like to make a big deal of my weight and played it down by just saying I have been going to Y more.

As we were leaving one of them said I looked good again and I was looking fit and trim.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!