Am I eating enough?

Options
MFP allows me 1500 calories a day..which I do eat those calories but I don't want to force myself to eat the nursing and exercise calories. It says nursing and exercise I get any where from 1,000-1,500 extra a day (nursing 500, & the rest by exercise) I am just not hungry to eat those, but I don't want to hinder weight loss (which I haven't lost any yet). Thoughts?

Replies

• rfalce
    rfalce Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a friend who was on weight watchers and ate the extra pts that she got for nursing and still did a great job losing weight. I know what you mean about the exercise calories, I feel like if I stick to the 1200 calories that MFP gives me and have a great workout my weight loss will be greater. I think that if you use the calories when you are feeling hungrier you should do fine. Good luck!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I actually asked this exact same thing yesterday, lol. Check it out, I got some great advice from members!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/155566-am-i-unknowingly-starving-myself

:bigsmile:
  • angelskye6
    angelskye6 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You just need to make sure you're eating enough calories for yourself and for nursing. I know that if you don't eat enough calories and are nursing, your body will be negatively impacted by that. I agree with the previous post by rfaice...I try to stick to 1200 calories a day and work out, but if I'm hungry I will eat more calories based on my exercise. Good for you for nursing! Good luck. :)
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this journey together and I was concerned about this same thing. They have a fitness center where he works and is friends with the trainer. He voiced my concern to her and she told him there is no minimum set caloric intake that necessarily needs to be followed. Especially if exercise burns some of those calories. Basically, assuming you are eating a well balanced diet (to assure you are getting the nutrients you need) and not keeping your self from eating (in an effort to keep calories low) then you do not have to meet the suggested calories given to you. It is mainly a guide. Don't force yourself to eat, if your not hungry then don't eat. This can, however, cause you to plateau quickly and cause for a slower weight loss. Don't allow this to bring you down, your body will eventually adjust and start losing again.

Just be sure to keep it healthy. Listen to your body, it will let you know if it needs more.
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    Thank you for the responses, I wil definatly check out that thread. I am only concerned bc I basically burn the same amount I eat so I net like I didn't even eat anything. Today I burned 1161 and I ate 1400, and I am not trying to be frugal either..i eat till I am full : / 3 meals, 2 snacks and 9 glasses of water