Mean People (Dental Sabotage)

Options
delicious_cocktail
delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
I made a thread recently about needing some support and motivation with my dental hygiene and everyone was all over me about it being a terrible thread and some typos I made.

This is the most hostile and unsupportive community I've ever seen outside the Farnsville Baptist Youth Group of 1986 (who were quite aggressive little hitlerjugend honestly.)

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Methodists (for example) are much more mellow...that was your first mistake...
  • drewba13
    drewba13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I anxiously await the follow up thread to this one.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    People here are so rude and mean. I once had a thread about not using soap when I shower because of the chemicals. I talked about making my own herbal cleansing serum. My phone's autofill made "serum" "s*men". I started getting weird invites to parties with bunches of men wanting me to lay on a table or get in the shower with them. WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

Can you imagine?

Anyway, if you want to be friends, I will support you in your journey.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    If you're serious about the dental hygiene thing. I went to dental school and assisted with many surgical procedures at a Periodontist's office. ....I could tell you (Lecture You) on what could happen if you do not regularly -floss -brush and -get cleanings!

And 'YES' people are mean on here. I do not ask serious questions on the main "community" anymore because for1 - 98.9% of the people on here are FAR FROM EXPERTS or DOCTORS! 2-who cares what they think of me 3-I can get real answers elsewhere

Happy Brushing :-D
  • _John_
    Options
    I'm a Dr...
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm a Dr...

......and I believe you :-)
  • _John_
    Options
    I'm a Dr...

......and I believe you :-)

256r9md.jpg
  • greasygriddle
    greasygriddle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ for the win!!
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I made a thread recently about needing some support and motivation with my dental hygiene and everyone was all over me about it being a terrible thread and some typos I made.

This is the most hostile and unsupportive community I've ever seen outside the Farnsville Baptist Youth Group of 1986 (who were quite aggressive little hitlerjugend honestly.)

life.gif
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever seen anyone compare people here to little hitler kids. Points for originality.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have ever seen anyone compare people here to little hitler kids. Points for originality.

I agree.. I work in customer service and one customer emailed because we sent him the wrong item and he said the holocaust upset him less... really? Mass genocide is less upsetting than receiving the wrong item?

WTF is wrong with people these days?
  • DireWolfCurse
    DireWolfCurse Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People are EXTREMELY rude here. BTW I used to have problems with halitosis, and it started when I was pregnant. My doctor kept telling me it was because I was pregnant. Then, after I gave birth, I still had the problem, and they figured it was my wisdom teeth, which were all impacted. I got them taken out and it was still a problem. It turns out I developed GERD while I was pregnant, and THAT was what caused it. As soon as I got on omeprazole, I don't have that problem anymore. I'm still a little paranoid about it, but it hasn't been a problem since about a week after I started taking my pill every day.
  • greasygriddle
    greasygriddle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People are EXTREMELY rude here. BTW I used to have problems with halitosis, and it started when I was pregnant. My doctor kept telling me it was because I was pregnant. Then, after I gave birth, I still had the problem, and they figured it was my wisdom teeth, which were all impacted. I got them taken out and it was still a problem. It turns out I developed GERD while I was pregnant, and THAT was what caused it. As soon as I got on omeprazole, I don't have that problem anymore. I'm still a little paranoid about it, but it hasn't been a problem since about a week after I started taking my pill every day.

you can't trully be offended by MFP until you've been here a few years.... sheeesh! :drinker:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    oh it never ends.

Ok.. combining kitteh gif with facepalm. I win.

giphy.gif
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    For me the forum is an amusing distraction at work while on my mission to add to my daily diary.

I honestly couldn't care less about what people here think / say about me, I'd suggest you cultivate the same mentality.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yup, I stopped posting topics a long time ago for that reason. I just come in here for the entertainment now.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

I agree.. I work in customer service and one customer emailed because we sent him the wrong item and he said the holocaust upset him less... really? Mass genocide is less upsetting than receiving the wrong item?

WTF is wrong with people these days?

^ Almost spit out my coffee with this one. That's messed up.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My phone's autofill made "serum" "s*men". I started getting weird invites to parties with bunches of men wanting me to lay on a table or get in the shower with them. WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

Can you imagine?

Haha thats hilarious :laugh:
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    oh it never ends.

Ok.. combining kitteh gif with facepalm. I win.

giphy.gif

adorkable! You win!!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    People here are so rude and mean. I once had a thread about not using soap when I shower because of the chemicals. I talked about making my own herbal cleansing serum. My phone's autofill made "serum" "s*men". I started getting weird invites to parties with bunches of men wanting me to lay on a table or get in the shower with them. WHY WOULD I DO THAT?

Can you imagine?

Anyway, if you want to be friends, I will support you in your journey.

Dang auto correct. That is all kinds of hilarious:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.