over a month and nothing coming off

Options
Hello everyone, I need some help. I have been trying to lose weight and have been eating well and working out for over a month, and
I have not seen any numbers budge on the scale. 3 years ago I did weight watchers and lost over 40 lbs, I kept it off for two years, but then last year i had to wear a walking cast on my leg. Doctor said i have metatarsalgia and said no high impact workouts.
During the time in my cast I gained 20 to 30 lbs back i'm not proud of that at all. But now It seems that no matter what i do I can't get the weight off. When I lost weight with weightwatchers it was just melting off, now it won't budge. could someone help me please ???
thanks

Replies

• Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you are now.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Open your diary please?
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Impossible to help with out you showing your diary and eating habits plus workout plan.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    What is your definition of "eating well"? I ask because it doesn't matter what types of food you eat for losing weight. If you are in a caloric surplus or maintenance you won't lose weight. You should let the majority of your food be nutrient dense for your overall health, but you still need a deficit to lose weight.

TRY THIS

First figure out what you need to be in a deficit. This is the ONLY thing you need to lose weight. Worry about the macros once you get the scale going in the direction you want to. Do you know your caloric maintenance calories? Use a calculator and get an estimate first. Eat that estimate (don't worry about macros) for 7 days straight. Do your best to stay as close as possible. If at the end of the 7 days your weight is the same. Good, now subtract 500 calories from that number and eat that for the next 7 straight days. Did you lose weight? If so, you have a deficit to work with. Now take that amount of calories and create your macro nutrient split for your preference. Start with protein, then fat, then feel the rest with carbs. You just need to get the scale moving in the direction you want it in first without worrying about how much of your calories make up carbs, protein, and fat. None of this will work if you do not use a food scale and ACCURATELY track everything you are eating during this test. Add me if you need help. Good luck.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.

You are most likely eating more than you think and just maintaining.
  • ipodmama
    ipodmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Diary is open now. :)
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring everything you are eating? or just guesstimating?

You should invest in a digital food scale to be as accurate as possible.

For example, one day your logged .25 tbsp. of peanut butter. How do you know you only ate .25 tbsp. of it?
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi ipodmama,

Just a few things I noticed - you do not log consistently.

What are you eating on the many days you do not log?

Are you weighing/measuring your food?

Some of the calorie counts seem a bit off. (Banana bread muffins - I find the average for 1 homemade muffin is 250-350 cals.)

Lots of sweets!

Hopefully, those who have been on this journey longer will have some suggestions for you.
  • RavenNevermore15
    RavenNevermore15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would say log more consistently, watch your macros. 40% carbs (GOOD carbs), 35% protein and 25% fat. Protein is very important. I'd also focus on more whole foods and not processed. I'd also try eating more. I've never been a fan of 1200 calories a day.
  • ipodmama
    ipodmama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes, i do measure everything i eat. I measure my cereal, my milk even my coffee creamer. It seems like I don't go anywhere without my measuring spoons LOL. That particular incident where i logged .25 tbsp of peanut butter, i had just guesstimated because I had put 1 tbsp of peanut butter on a piece of wheat bread. i took one small bite out of it and put my hand down and my dog ate my bread. So i figured i most likely only ate that much. ;0) Maybe I should have my dog eat half my food more often, it may help with weight loss. :) (just kidding). The days I don't post are pretty much the same as the days I do. sometimes I work nights and other times I'm at work during the day on weekends and I can't log my food without my computer. When I get home sometimes I forget. I agree i need to do better with logging.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    yes, i do measure everything i eat. I measure my cereal, my milk even my coffee creamer. It seems like I don't go anywhere without my measuring spoons LOL. That particular incident where i logged .25 tbsp of peanut butter, i had just guesstimated because I had put 1 tbsp of peanut butter on a piece of wheat bread. i took one small bite out of it and put my hand down and my dog ate my bread. So i figured i most likely only ate that much. ;0) Maybe I should have my dog eat half my food more often, it may help with weight loss. :) (just kidding). The days I don't post are pretty much the same as the days I do. sometimes I work nights and other times I'm at work during the day on weekends and I can't log my food without my computer. When I get home sometimes I forget. I agree i need to do better with logging.

Don't rely much on measuring spoons. Go with a good digital food scale. Best $20 I ever spent when it comes to nutrition.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    yes, i do measure everything i eat. I measure my cereal, my milk even my coffee creamer. It seems like I don't go anywhere without my measuring spoons LOL.

By measuring we all mean WEIGHING. Get a food scale, and actually WEIGH everything.
    Log by weight, it is MUCH more accurate.

For example, a serving of chips will say something to the effect of lets say 36g (16 chips) is a serving. if you actually WEIGH those 16 ships however, you will find it very rarely if ever is 36g. Probably less actually!! I mean, what bag of chips do you know where all the chips are the same size and weight throughout the bag? ;)
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later because I'm having the EXACT same problem!