If you go under the daily calorie intake minimum, by only, s

Options
2»

Replies

• adriperez
    Options
    It all depends on your height and weight. For example Im 5'5" and weigh 170, and in order to maintain my weight, I need to consume 2100 calories. When you sign up with MFP you enter your height and weight, and the amount you want to lose, then your caloric intake is calculated.
  • htruett82
    Options
    I'm new to this and I've been dieting and excercising for almost a month. Ive lost 12 pounds so far. But I dont get the whole if you exercise that you need to eat more. I am having problems eating 1200 calories a day...Usually i can eat 900 - 1000 if I force myself. Should i stop excerising? Maybe i should check into a meal replacement shake? I dunno so any help would be appreciated. I guess i will try eatting closer to it and see if there is a difference
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Up your cals! Sticking with 1200 and being hungry isn't good at all. Also make sure you eat back your exercise calories or you will never lose weight. Starving yourself is not a good diet plan. You'll just gain it all back.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this and I've been dieting and excercising for almost a month. Ive lost 12 pounds so far. But I dont get the whole if you exercise that you need to eat more. I am having problems eating 1200 calories a day...Usually i can eat 900 - 1000 if I force myself. Should i stop excerising? Maybe i should check into a meal replacement shake? I dunno so any help would be appreciated.

It's seriously not a good idea to eat under 1200 cals. Your body is starving and you will only gain back that weight. Keep exercising and try eating small meals throughout the day. If you need to a shake, try it out for few days. I've never been full off of liquids for long, especially soup.
  • nickyrobinson
    nickyrobinson Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    To answer lisabrownnc's question:

>So, my question....Does MFP already calculate how much I want to lose (with my goal) and make the caloric calculations >accordingly? So I can eat 1600 calories each day (provided I work out) and still lose weight?

Yes, MFP already calculates a calorie deficit so you can eat 1600 calories each day (provided you work out) and still lose weight.