Back to the gym

Options
alasiL
alasiL Posts: 62 Member
after a few months out of the gym i decided it was time that i returned...however this time i want to try something new.
lifting, ive heard that lifting weights help during the process of losing weight, however i have no experince or idea on the benefits nor do i have a schedule.
So basically does anyone recommend a 'decent' routine that i should follow that will help me lose weight?
:) thanks

Replies

• 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm not vying for the website, but I think it has a pretty great way of organizing and downright telling you what exercises to do on a daily planner: bodybuilding.com. There are workouts for beginners too that you just have to try without doubting yourself.

Rule of thumb: start out with low weight and do about 3 sets at about ~10 reps. Try to work upwards to a weight where it's difficult to get that second or third set all the way to 10 reps.

It's all about challenging yourself to do better next time but still maintaining a good form.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I lift my weights at home but I did a lot of research through bodybuilding.com.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    So basically does anyone recommend a 'decent' routine that i should follow that will help me lose weight?

Totally forgot about that part. If you're trying to lose weight, keeping a good diet is the majority. However, and in my most humble opinion, you get some darn good results from lifting weights. Adding more muscle mass usually means higher metabolism (iirc).
  • alasiL
    Options
    i'll check the website out thanks as i have no clue when it comes to weights
  • alasiL
    Options
    I lift my weights at home but I did a lot of research through bodybuilding.com.

i'll check the website out thanks as i have no clue when it comes to weights
  • brvzfan13
    brvzfan13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JEFIT is a great app. You can search routines or set up your own. Check it out. I think you'd find it helpful.