When do you get tempted during the day?

Options
What is the most difficult time of day for you when it comes to snack temptations, and how do you deal?

Unfortunately for me there are two key times: around 2-3 p.m. and at night when I've sat down for the day. I usually deal by giving in...so not helpful.

What do you do?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    2-3pm pretty much. Or 11am but then I just have lunch (which typically leaves me hungry at 2-3pm anyway). So I have a snack, even if it means a smaller dinner. Most days my dinner ends up being much smaller than I expected because of that, lol.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Whenever I walk by the bagel bin in the kitchen to get coffee. I just stare at them as I walk by, and see what is left. It's almost perverted the way I look at them.

Bagels are *kitten*, I tell you, *kitten*!!!
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    At 5:30... you know... happy hour
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    After dinner, I just want to pig out so badly. I just keep telling myself it's my body's way of telling me I'm thirsty. Most days it works.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Whenever I walk by the bagel bin in the kitchen to get coffee. I just stare at them as I walk by, and see what is left. It's almost perverted the way I look at them.

Bagels are DELICIOUS! I eat one every morning.

OP - when I get the urge to snack, I snack. I log it. I fit it into my macros and daily calorie goal. I move on with life. Ta-da!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Between breakfast and lunch, between lunch and supper, and when I've settled in for the evening. Plus whenever I am feeling... I dunno..resentful, bored, sad, anxious etc, or trying ignore something unpleasant that needs to be done, like housework.

So far planning mini snacks and healthy "desserts" has helped with the time of day hungers, but I am still learning how to put the fork down when I am feeling emotional. I think that will be my biggest challenge.
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    As soon as I get home from work and before I head to the gym or fix dinner. HATE THIS TIME!!!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options

OP - when I get the urge to snack, I snack. I log it. I fit it into my macros and daily calorie goal. I move on with life. Ta-da!

I had one this morning, an egg bagel, and it was SO GOOD. It's crazy because if I had my druthers I would eat three in a day. They are so round, so firm, so fully packed, so delicious. They wink at me.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Mostly at night after I put my kids to bed. I always save some calories for night time.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I had one this morning, an egg bagel, and it was SO GOOD. It's crazy because if I had my druthers I would eat three in a day. They are so round, so firm, so fully packed, so delicious. They wink at me.

are we talking about food or butts at this point???

I'm so confused.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    There's a dreadful food culture in my office. We have cakes, cookies, doughnuts and chips lying around on top of the filing cabinets every day. I mostly have learned to ignore it, but if I do partake my strategy is to break off tiny bite size portions. This forces you to think if the second or third bite is really worth it. Limits the damage.
  • __freckles__
    Options

OMG, bagel with lox, capers, cream cheese, tomatoes = HEAVEN!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm always hungry.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hell, I'm always hungry.

ditto.

fat kid is fat.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    After work before dinner, or late at night if I'm still awake. Usually before dinner I eat a light snack to hold me over or go workout-this seems to hep curb temptations most of the time.
  • ajaycold
    ajaycold Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm most tempted at night... Anything quick to stop the hunger.
  • __freckles__
    Options
    There's a dreadful food culture in my office. We have cakes, cookies, doughnuts and chips lying around on top of the filing cabinets every day. I mostly have learned to ignore it, but if I do partake my strategy is to break off tiny bite size portions. This forces you to think if the second or third bite is really worth it. Limits the damage.

I like this approach. Same in my office. Today they brought in red velvet donuts & nutella donuts. But we always cut up everything into little bites, so I took one bite of each and was done with it.

So much goodness.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Around 2-3. And after 11pm if I'm still awake.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    between 3-4pm for sure. I usually have a low calorie cup soup sachet and sip that or have some sugar free jelly both are 40-45calories so not much damage done!
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Between 2-3, I need energy. I Drink water r another unsweetened beverage, Handful of nuts or KIND OR LUNA BAR. If I skip mid-day snack I Tend to make up for it in spades later. Evenings after dinner before bed is worse. If under calories, I 'll have a serving of chocolate, usually dark, satisfied w/ less. If I eat too much, I try to cut back more the next day.