How do I get back to my old Calorie Limits

Options
TMattP
TMattP Posts: 49 Member
Hello.

I checked my weight in today and MFP asked me if I wanted to review my needs or something.

I stupidly said yes and now my daily calorie limit has gone down from 2150 to 2070.

I was happily losing weight at 2150 so I'm not sure I want to change it. How do I get my calorie limit back?

Replies

• martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight your calorie allowance will get smaller. You can manually set your calorie goal but I'd recommend going with the new goal, it's a little less anyway. 80 calories a day = 560 a week. That adds up to a lb of fat in little over 6 weeks.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Well the more you lose, the harder it is so your allowance will decrease as you lose more weight. You can manually set it if you want to but it's likely that since you're getting close to your goal, you will need to decrease your allowance.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    To change your goal manually,

Go to "My Home" then "goals" , then "change goals", then select "custom" and go from there.
  • justaminnick
    Options
    Bottom line, just as it takes a smaller engine to move a Honda Civic than a dump truck, you burn less calories moving your body around when you weigh less.
  • TMattP
    TMattP Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise this was part of the program. I thought I'd broken something.

Will leave it as it is.

:)