How to log in this brown rice pasta

Options
danaxsa
danaxsa Posts: 17 Member
I recently purchased some brown rice pasta and wanted to log it in to my food diary.. when i scanned my bag of penne pasta it gave me to choose between 2 cups cooked and 1 cup cooked. Im going to have 1/2 cup cooked so when i logged that it in , it gave me 52 calories with 10 grams of carbs. I find this a bit weird that its that low in calories and carbs , how do i know if its correct and how do i log it in ? the bag says 100 grams is 366 Kcal

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming it's 100g raw? So weigh 100g and cook them.
  • danaxsa
    danaxsa Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i doubt i would be consuming that much Kcal from 100 grams lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well if it's what the bag says... it's what it is. Regular pasta would be close to 400 calories for that much, so it sounds about right.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well if it's what the bag says... it's what it is. Regular pasta would be close to 400 calories for that much, so it sounds about right.

Exactly! Usually what's behind the bag for pasta is the dry weight.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased some brown rice pasta and wanted to log it in to my food diary.. when i scanned my bag of penne pasta it gave me to choose between 2 cups cooked and 1 cup cooked. Im going to have 1/2 cup cooked so when i logged that it in , it gave me 52 calories with 10 grams of carbs. I find this a bit weird that its that low in calories and carbs , how do i know if its correct and how do i log it in ? the bag says 100 grams is 366 Kcal

Weigh it and portion it while dry due to variations in cooked volume.