Turbo Jam, Power 90 or Hip Hop Abs

Options
Hello, I am currently in my 3rd week of Insanity and I love it, it is really intense and I cant wait to finish the program (I will finish, I may have to modify, but I will finish). I was looking into some other workouts and I am interested in Turbo Jam, Power 90 (no way I could handle P90X right now), and Hip Hip Abs. I was just looking for some advice from anyone who had tried any of these. I would love to hear what you liked/disliked about them. Thank you

Replies

• Heathky131
    Options
    Turbo Jam is awesome! It is a great way to get cardio in and burning a ton of calories without getting bored. The music is awesome and you definately feel great after!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Umm, if you can complete Insanity you CAN do P90X. You're a machine. Go for it.
  • French140
    French140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! You should check it out. The Hip hop workouts I've done didn't do that much for me. It just didn't feel like I was making progress and burning calories.
  • French140
    French140 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! You should check it out. The Hip hop workouts I've done didn't do that much for me. It just didn't feel like I was making progress and burning calories.
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    Turbo Jam all the way! It can be a bit tough on the knees until you learn the correct form. But I LOVE TJ.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I agree, Insanity was harder in my opinion.
  • huttonml
    Options
    If you can do Insanity, you can do P90X. You may need to modify a little, but P90X is really good for building muscle definition and toning.
  • sm26davis
    Options
    I have done all of these! Loved the hip hop abs cuz I love to dance but I needed something more intense so I got turbo jam and loved it, Now Im doing p90x and just like a few others have said if you can do insanity you can do p90x!!! I think insanity is more intense then p90x!!!
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Well thank you, I feel like a machine in need of repair sometimes! I have not completed it yet but I am trying and dont plan on giving up (although I do want to some days). I do have to modify it a good bit because I am just not strong enough for some of it yet but I jog in place until I can jump back in. I am no where near being able to do a pull up thats why I figured P90X would be outa the question. Thanks for all the advice!
  • Reefdiver
    Options
    I have used power 90 in the past and had great reults. I just ordered it again (the last one was VHS) can't wait to get started. Lost 10 pounds in about six weeks last time. Sorry I didn't continue.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

Well thank you, I feel like a machine in need of repair sometimes! I have not completed it yet but I am trying and dont plan on giving up (although I do want to some days). I do have to modify it a good bit because I am just not strong enough for some of it yet but I jog in place until I can jump back in. I am no where near being able to do a pull up thats why I figured P90X would be outa the question. Thanks for all the advice!

I don't think you need to be able to start with a pull up straight away, I got told before that all I really need are resistance bands so maybe you could start on that. I don't think I'd even have a suitable place to put a pull up bar in my house so I'd just do them in the gym anyway.
    I'd go for P90x, if you can complete insanity I'm sure you can do that :) I'm going to take a week off completely once I finish insanity and then go straight into p90x I think, it looks so good for building muscle and strength!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You should move to Turbo Fire after Insanity. TF is more intense and up to date. Turbo Jam is older.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Girl, if you are doing Insanity you so can do P90X! LOL

After you complete your first round of Insanity you are going to crave that High Intensity workouts and high cal burns and never look back!!

I have Hip Hop abs Level 1 and 2 You'll notice the same moves you see in Insanity just not has intense. Level 1 does nothing for me now, so I do it when I have energy to do another workout or on a rest day. Level 2 I get a workout in but I put on my own music so I can really get into it. LOL

I did Level 2 after I completed my first round, it was a nice lil break but still got decent cal burns and I still got to see Shaun T. He is the only fitness instructor that keeps me motivated even on my tired days! lol

I can't get into Turbo Jam. Got it two weeks ago and every time I do it I stop in the middle. Luckily I just got it for cheap! LOL Saving my money for Turbo Fire!! lol
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm chiming in late. What did you decide to do?