13 pounds in 5 weeks

Options
I need suggestions on what you guys all do to lose weight. I am 13 pounds away from my first goal of 147 (currently 160 from 172). I decided I would give myself 5 weeks from yesterday.. which is around Presidents Day weekend to complete my goal! I eat healthy and workout about 5x per week. I have lost on average 2 pounds per week so I need to bump it up just a tad.

I need that extra umpf! HELP!!

Replies

• recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I think you are tied to closely to the numbers on the scale. What about inches?
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    you can do it, drink your water and get your sleep it helps, good luck!
  • kelsiemojean
    kelsiemojean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't really worry about inches. And I see what you mean about the weight. I am not worried so much about the number of the scale but the overall idea of slimming down. I know all my clothes are too small tho!
  • wekay
    wekay Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you tried Clean Eating? Completely remove all processed food from your diet and only eat natural lean foods while keeping close track of your calorie in-take and your body will burn those calories more efficiently. You'll get more benefit from your exercise. Also, you have to drink all of your water each day. While it comes down to calories in and calories out, it helps to fuel your body with the right foods. I am a lifelong dieter and a lifetime member of weight watchers but I have found that clean eating is the only thing that really works.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I need suggestions on what you guys all do to lose weight. I am 13 pounds away from my first goal of 147 (currently 160 from 172). I decided I would give myself 5 weeks from yesterday.. which is around Presidents Day weekend to complete my goal! I eat healthy and workout about 5x per week. I have lost on average 2 pounds per week so I need to bump it up just a tad.

I need that extra umpf! HELP!!

2 lbs per week is a 7000 calorie deficit between calories and exercise and is the most I would suggest per week loss. If you must, must then add some HIIT Cardio. 20-30 minutes 2-3 time per week. Make sure you are doing resistance also because muscle burns fat. How 's your Protein in your diet.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A noble goal, but I am finding the last 5 lbs to be extremely stubborn. I wish you the best, but don't be surprised if things start to slow down as you get closer to your ideal weight.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You should proly adjust your expectations- even if you do everything "right" (be that drinking your water, clean eating, sleeping well, getting in ridiculous amounts of working out whatever you choose) your body might not be ready to lose 13 lbs in 5 weeks. That's nearly 3 lbs a week and your body just isn't really designed for that, when you aren't very overweight. To give you an idea- I started at 174 in September and am just about now at 147 lbs (it's been about 20-24 weeks, 25 lbs). You should wrap your mind around 1lb a week, so if you can get the higher amounts off then you can see it for the opportunity for celebration and self praise it is (rather than just what you "should" be doing). Try not to set yourself up to feel like a failure!
  • tessym3
    Options
    i would have to agree with the other posts, eating a clean diet is so important thats how i lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks a few years back. And lots of water also try taking fiber each day that always helps too.

and to laddyboy.. wow! you look great! congrats on your loss!
  • kelsiemojean
    kelsiemojean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat on average between 50 and 60 g of protein per day. Some days I'll drink protein powder after I workout, but the only time i get to the gym usually its too late to drink it afterwords. Usually its 30 minutes of weights and 40 minutes of cardio when I'm at the gym. Usually I will run or do a machine and burn on average 400-500 calories.