Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Where do you find these? and do all of them tell you how many calories you burned. I really want one.

Replies

• samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    amazon.com. not all HRM have calorie trackers though so you need to look at the features and description. i bought my at walmart for $30
  • agrigsby
    agrigsby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do. I have the Polar F60 and I absolutely love it. It's really motivational and you can decide you want to burn 500 calories and then quit when you do - or DON'T quit until you do. They're really handy.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Love mine, I have Polar FT7 .... check sporting good stores and Best Buy started selling them too. Do some research and find the best one for you:)
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sports Authority or probably any sporting goods store has a wide selection. I went with the Polar F7. Monitors, heart rate, calories burned, work out time, fat burned. It comes with a chest strap for the transmitter and I really like it. The only thing is that it only determines the calories burned based on your heart rate, weight and height and workout time. It doesn't count for any resistance you may do on any equipment. So, if calories burned is important go with what the machine says for your workout.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Sports Authority and I also have the Polar F7, it cost around $120 I think (I got it as a gift) and it has a chest strap. I find it very helpful especially for activites outside like running or walking and also when I use my Wii Fit! :bigsmile:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    It is best to shop around. Go to the sporting store that carries them. Tell them what you want it to do and what type of exercise you will be doing with it. I have a pink watch and wish now I got the black watch as it shows dirt. You want one with a chest strap. It is a great investment for the healthy lifestyle. I have the Polar F6. You might be able to get a better price online but it is good to go to the store and ask questions before you buy something. You will love it!
  • agrigsby
    agrigsby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, they do. I have the Polar F60 and I absolutely love it. It's really motivational and you can decide you want to burn 500 calories and then quit when you do - or DON'T quit until you do. They're really handy.

Sorry - don't misread my post. I don't know that all heart rate monitors tabulate calories burned. I merely meant that that's often a main function. The fingers typed faster than the brain. . .