Astrology and Workout Style

Options
What is your "sun sign" better yet do you know your "rising sign" (that would be determined by your time, place and dob)? If you don't know both tell us which one you do know and your exercise style? Name an exercise you DO like and one you DON'T. For instance, my rising is Scorpio and its ruled by Mars and Pluto (governs metal/steel). I seem to naturally gravitate more to weights, i've never been a "ZUMBA" girl. Just curious...

Signed:

*feel free to add me if you like

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!

I'm a double Scorpio plus I have about 5 planets in Scorpio as well and I'm also a weights girl. I also love power walking and Pilates and barre type of workouts.

I do not like dancey workouts at all like Zumba, Jazzercise or Hip Hop Abs.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I have only one fire sign placement, Pluto in Leo, and it is afflicted by a square to Jupiter in Taurus. My chart is dominated bySun/Mercury conjunct at 25°/29° Pisces in the 1st house and a Venus/Mars conjunction at 01°/00° Taurus in the second house, plus that Taurus Jupiter. I was born, and have always been. an extremely low-energy person with an intense aversion to exercise. My natal chart does indeed suggest the lazy and slothful soul who refuses to exercise, that I was born to be, and that I am! :happy:
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hoo, fun. I had too look some of this up, but I'm gemini with ascendant virgo, both ruled by mercury. I enjoy high intensity interval training, and bodyweight training (such as pilates). But I probably would also enjoy lifting if I didn't dislike gyms so much.

And, does that make atrological sense >_>?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Name an exercise you DO like and one you DON'T.

My tastes have changed over the years. I used to hate weights, now i like them. I can "get into" most new activities if i get over the initial awkwardness or pain. I think that's true for most people. Which makes me skeptical that people's behaviors are set in stone. I thought astrology was debunked?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrology_and_science
  • rbailey614
    rbailey614 Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm sure you know that SATURN is now in SCORPIO and so is MARS... so we are getting hit pretty hard. FOCUS is laser sharp and I can wait till its ova :)
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Had to look this up also. I'm a Libra and my rising sign is also Libra. Says Libra is ruled by Venus and Saturn.

Doing p90x3 for the moment and I think the yoga workout is probably my favorite. I was lifting weights but grew tired of the same moves & routine, so I wanted a change. Getting antsy and starting to change my mind again like I might want to go back to lifting weights.

I dislike cardio like running on a treadmill or doing the elliptical. Zumba sort of interests me but I think I like the idea of dancing like an idiot in the comfort and privacy of my own home.
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im a pisces and i like to swim, LOL no surprises there.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I'm a leo with gemini rising and yes i like flashy dramatic workouts and I am a bit all over the place about it :laugh:

favorite exercises include kickboxing, deadlifts, cleans, turkish get ups, swimming and sports like rugby, soccer, football.

exercises i hate include trice kickbacks, ellipticals, stationary bikes, treadmills.. oh and any of that cutesy "functional training" crap gym PTs try to push on people involving half squats on bosu balls :noway:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wut?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wut?

This
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Wut?

This

again.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    i was born in the midwest, i like buffalo wings, and i lift heavy.

did i do this right?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "Scorpios should never do lunges. It messes with their chi. But they are especially suited to meeting that someone special while running intervals. However, never engage in a new lifting program when starting a new job, that path leads to nothing but disappointment."

--Lady Cleo
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

did i do this right?

Depends. Are you an hourglass, pear, apple, banana, ruler or bento box?
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    hahahahahahhaahaha Astrology
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

did i do this right?

Depends. Are you an hourglass, pear, apple, banana, ruler or bento box?

hmmmmm good question.

ive been told im cauliflower-shaped, but i understand that means i'd make a mean pizza crust.

is that helpful at all?

im not sure i understand this exercise OP.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Wut?

This

again.
    :huh:
  • calx77
    calx77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Astrology... Almost as goofy as Scientology.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know what's happening, but I did listen to House of the Rising Sun while doing squats in the bathroom stall at work once.
  • HannahLynn91
    HannahLynn91 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hoo, fun. I had too look some of this up, but I'm gemini with ascendant virgo, both ruled by mercury. I enjoy high intensity interval training, and bodyweight training (such as pilates). But I probably would also enjoy lifting if I didn't dislike gyms so much.

And, does that make atrological sense >_>?

I am a Gemini with ascendant Virgo as well!! :drinker: I enjoy HIIT, but lately I've been getting into running. As I jog/ run I normally carry weights with me so I feel like I'm getting a better workout. I also despise gyms. :wink: