August 30 day shred- motivation required !!

Options
Hello ppl,
I have done Jillian's 30 day shred before for a few days but never got to complete it. This time I want to and hence would like to do it with friends who are interested in joining too . Let me know if any of you are willing to join in so that we can remain motivated .:smile:

Replies

• laban1ca
    laban1ca Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I actually started on Sunday. Day 5 so far and already feel the difference. Mainly, I can do pushups now (girly ones but still). I'm committed to doing it all the way through this time. Add me if you'd like. :)
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm up for joining you. I made it through Level 3 but never finished it completely. I'm going through my busy season at work and could use the motivation to keep working out.
  • fatimahhassanxxx
    Options
    Hi! I'm on day 6 of the 30 day shred. I am also doing 20 mins of cardio after it. I feel so sore in my calves now and I am worried that I won't be able to finish the exercise today, but hopefully I'll be able to push through it. Good luck to us all! Can't wait to hear about your results. I'll let you know about mine too!
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    joining! will start tomorrow august 1st!!! ^_^ question... are we taking rest days or is it full 30 days straight, b/c after day 1 i always have issues walking and standing up lol it KILLS my legs. i also plan to do what i call "5 miles and a movie" every day as well so if you all have movie suggestions i would love to hear them :)
  • fatimahhassanxxx
    Options
    LOL! No unfortunately it's 30 days continuous! It's normal to experience muscle soreness the first few days but I think it's alright to exercise your sore muscles as long as they don't affect your range of motion. But of course if you think it's serious and you feel like by exercising you're gonna end up hurting yourself, then I guess it's okay to take a rest day. Just remember give it your best!: :happy: (Y)
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it's supposed to be 5 workout days a week, 2 rest days - you can pick the order. Rest days are important for your recovery. There's no way I could do it straight - plus I would get burned out pretty quickly!
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So far, the majority of the progress that I've made has been from sticking to the 30 Day Shred. I've been doing it on and off since April 1st, trying my best to stick with it as much as I can. I've seen a lot of great results and I would definitely recommend it. I think it's effective because when I started, I just told myself that it was only 30 days - that didn't seem like much to ask.

Now, after doing the shred for a few months, I feel comfortable adding more activity to my workouts once the dvd is done. :)
  • BekShark
    BekShark Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    In an interview, Jillian does say that you should take a rest for one or two days each week.
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    <- 9 days in with several rest days in between
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting it tomorrow. I've never made it through the whole thing, hopefully this time I will.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • BekShark
    BekShark Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I've just started week one again, but am also adding in killer buns and 6w6p for extra burn.
  • sunariel1
    sunariel1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i'm down, i'm also starting the 30 day ab & squat challenge! :O
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 4 but I'm in are you all starting the 30th or on the 1st for 30 days?
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started it before, but have never gotten to level 3. Oops.
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    I'm in too. I've made it to level 2 and always loved how much of a difference even a few days made. So I'll start up tomorrow morning, first thing. :-D
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week on the squat challenge and I've had some pretty awesome results. Good luck! :)
  • poorisubash
    poorisubash Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting today the 30 day shred... I have usually done it everyday till 22 days last time... And yes soreness is expected.. The first few days my legs were terribly sore but got better with doing it continously. However if its too tiring it's ok to take a rest day!! No harm at all.

Hop on board everyone.. Looking forward to hear from you all by the end of the day about how your workout was!!! Have fun shredding!!! :flowerforyou:
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 3 of Level 1. My legs hurt but it does seem to be getting a bit easier.

Started it before and loved the results but never got to Level 3.... this time I am determined to get to the end! Fed up of being fat!!
  • poorisubash
    poorisubash Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Done the 1st day of Level 1.. 29 more days to go!! Boy was it hard.. Did a mix of the hard and easy versions... !:smile: Post your results and how u feel after u are done !!!