Calories in a homemade dish-Serving Size

Options
How do you guys count calories and figure out a serving in a homemade dish like chili or big mac casserole? I want to be accurate but figuring all that out seems confusing. Thanks!

Replies

• tenforce
    tenforce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I make it I put the recipe in and how many servings it is... if someone else made it I log it as some similar food in the database.
  • abetterbrandi
    Options
    Use the recipe builder on here to input the ingredients and then input the number of servings.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    - enter the entire recipe in the recipe builder here
    - weigh the entire recipe in grams
    - enter that total number of grams as the total number of servings in the recipe
    - weigh whatever you put on your place in grams - that's your number of servings.
  • laflordivina
    Options
    - enter that total number of grams as the total number of servings in the recipe
    - weigh whatever you put on your place in grams - that's your number of servings.

I have never thought to do this. I usually cut or pour to estimate. I'm going to try this. Thanks.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options

You have made this look so easy. Thanks
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank you soooo much!!