Gym machine that burns lots of calories

Options
I'm going away this weekend and will be going to the gym while I'm away.
Understandably I don't want to spend all day in the gym but I want to burn enough incase I eat a little more then usual.
What's the machine that would burn the most calories out of them all in your opinion?

Replies

• dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was on vacation last week and tried the Cybex Arc trainer for the first time. I loved it! However, I think the calorie burn was exaggerated even though I was sweating buckets. I read online to take about 40% off the calorie burn it gave. However, this machine rocks. SO much better than an ellipitical, and my gym here at home doesn't have them. Probably because they are very expensive. Look for one!
  • latoyaaaa
    latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The calorie burn is related to how high your heart rate goes while you're using the machine. I get my biggest burns from the stairs.

Thanks for that I didn't realise that's how it worked.
    I'm still learning :)
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Stairs usually burn the most. For me it's like 10-11 calories a minute, if it's part elliptical it's easier on your legs and knees as well. This is at the lowest resistance.

On non-elliptical machines I think I've done like 700 an hour on the highest setting. I wouldn't recommend it unless you drink your daily water amount afterwards and half of it before.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    For me it's the stepmill or doing sprint work on the treadmill.
  • latoyaaaa
    latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys :)