No weight loss this week

Options
I am 145 pounds trying to get down to 130. I have been dieting for about three weeks and had lost 2.5 pounds when I weighed in last Friday. This week, I didn't lose any weight! I went to the gym four times (body pump, tabata and personal trainer - all 30/45 minute sessions) and tried to eat pretty well. My diary is open. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing nothing wrong. Weight loss isn't linear process. You're going to have up weeks and down weeks and weeks with no change. Try not to let it bother you unless it becomes a longer trend.
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You're probably doing nothing wrong. Weight loss isn't linear process. You're going to have up weeks and down weeks and weeks with no change. Try not to let it bother you unless it becomes a longer trend.

^ this. for most people, weight loss will not be constantly steady each week. when i first started losing, it did come off weekly for about a month, but that was because i had a lot to lose and i had really changed my diet. but after that, i had plenty of times where my weight would fluctuate a couple of lbs each week, or plateau for a week -- but then in another week or two it'd be down, lower than the lowest weight i had recorded so far. keep doing what you are doing, keep netting a defecit and exercising, and you will lose weight.
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options

^ this. for most people, weight loss will not be constantly steady each week. when i first started losing, it did come off weekly for about a month, but that was because i had a lot to lose and i had really changed my diet. but after that, i had plenty of times where my weight would fluctuate a couple of lbs each week, or plateau for a week -- but then in another week or two it'd be down, lower than the lowest weight i had recorded so far. keep doing what you are doing, keep netting a defecit and exercising, and you will lose weight.

just wanted to say this post helped me a lot today. well said
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss thus far! I took a peek at your diary for this week and last, and there were several days you were over in calories by more than a 1,000. Overages by that amount can quickly add up to no pounds loss, or worse, a gain. Also, be mindful of your fat and sugar intake. Those were a little over most of the days.

I recommend being more mindful of your diet, continue exercising, and have plenty of patience. Finally, I would also suggest taking pictures and measurements. Sometimes, you are losing inches and it's not reflective on the scale. Those non-scale victories can be quite rewarding.

Wishing you all the best!
  • puddy29
    puddy29 Posts: 77
    Options
    Im no expert and I don't have a lot of proven fact went it comes to dieting but I viewed your food diary for the last five or six days and you went over your calories I believe it wasfour out of six days that maybe the problem and some of those days were substanial amounts of overage.
  • maryanndambrogio
    maryanndambrogio Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOULD LOVE TO START A BUDDY SYSTEM FOR WALKING AND LOSING WEIGHT AND IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED PLEASE LET ME KNOW I AM GETTING KINDA BORED AND ANXIOUS...ALSO HOPEFULLY TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND MEETING UP FOR COFFEE AND CHAT ABOUT DO;S AND DON;TS ALSO THE PRO;S AND THE CON;S IN WEIGHT LOSS ISSUES... PLEASE E-MAIL ME AND LET ME KNO:yawn: :ohwell: :frown: :smokin: :smokin: W ????? THANKS ....::sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :laugh: :wink: :smile: :smile: :heart: HEALTHY:bigsmile: