Green Smoothie Help & Diets (If you've done this cleanse)

Options
Hi! i'M 5'8 and lost 15 pounds last year doing the green smoothie diet and kept the weight off. I was 148 or 149 when I returned from school (gained 6 pounds) but managed to keep the weight loss for the entire year. Anyways, I'm 5'8 now and 134.8 and recently went back on the green smoothie diet (breakfast lunch dinner) and lost 10 from it. It's been 9 days since I've been on it but now I've stopped losing weight. I do interval running for 50 minutes and then do ab work.

Any tips on how I can break through this plateau? My goal is 129-130.

PS: Yes, i know I'm skinny for my height, I just am trying to lose that 5 pounds of weight i have left on my abdominal area. Thank you!

Replies

• a_pdx1990
    a_pdx1990 Posts: 6
    Options
    I want to try this out too, I'm around 149-150 and my goal weight is also 130 but I', actually 5'3 so I'm considered over weight for my height. Let me know how this goes for you.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    PS: Yes, i know I'm skinny for my height, I just am trying to lose that 5 pounds of weight i have left on my abdominal area. Thank you!
    you can't spot reduce. If you haven't lost for a few weeks, you're not at a calorie deficit... and no shake/cleanse/whatever is gonna fix either of those.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is a really great link for those trying to get a nice stomach: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce. If you haven't lost for a few weeks, you're not at a calorie deficit... and no shake/cleanse/whatever is gonna fix either of those.

I mean you can always lose the weight, Im just trying to find out how
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • trogalicious
    Options

You lose weight by eating fewer calories than you burn.
    this.
    If it's been a while since you've recorded any loss... weeks.. you're not at a calorie deficit.
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you stopped the Green Smothie diet 9 days ago and in the last 9 days you haven't seen weight loss? I wouldn't stress about 9 days, because it takes several weeks to see a general downward trend of your weight. You're probably gaining muscle too which makes it less noticable on the scale. It should be obvious after a month if you've lost weight. It might even take you 10 weeks to loose 5 pounds since your already skinny.

Otherwise, rule of thumb is change up your workout routine if your not getting results.
  • karinaxoxokarina
    karinaxoxokarina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you stopped the Green Smothie diet 9 days ago and in the last 9 days you haven't seen weight loss? I wouldn't stress about 9 days, because it takes several weeks to see a general downward trend of your weight. You're probably gaining muscle too which makes it less noticable on the scale. It should be obvious after a month if you've lost weight. It might even take you 10 weeks to loose 5 pounds since your already skinny.

Otherwise, rule of thumb is change up your workout routine if your not getting results.

No, It's obvious I lost weight
  • trogalicious
    Options

No, It's obvious I lost weight
    ...then if you keep losing weight, it'll go away from where you want it to.

I'm kinda having a hard time understanding what you're trying to achieve. You're not losing weight or you are? If you're losing weight, awesome... keep it up.

If you haven't lost any in a good while, you're not at a calorie deficit and need to eat less or work out more.

and per your original post, how in the world are you so certain that the 5lbs you need to lose is in your stomach? You aren't. You can't be.

...and you can't focus fat loss like a laser beam or something.

EDIT:
    You lost weight on those shakes because you were at a deficit. If it's been 3 weeks with no loss, post shakes, then you're not eating at a deficit.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the necropost. :disappointed:
    i'M 5'8 and lost 15 pounds last year doing the green smoothie diet
    I'm 5' 9.5" and I lost 75 pounds last year doing the E.L.M.M. diet:
    eat less, move more.
    I ate normal foods, foods that I like, in reasonable portions.
    I'm 5'8 now and 134.8 ... My goal is 129-130.
    Going by BMI a healthy weight range is 125 - 160. So you're already toward the bottom of that.
    You can't spot-reduce fat. Your body will keep or release it in its own way.
    If you want a thinner abdomen, do exercises which target the area so you tone. You'll probably lose inches & end up looking better.

51637601.png