Did I really gain 6 lbs in 4 days?

Options
This past weekend was a vacation for my family and I. Starting on Friday I binged all the way till Tuesday. I weighed 96 on Friday and back home on Wednesday the scale said 103. I ate about 2000-4000 all those days. Idk why I just didn't care and I just wanted burgers, fries, ice cream, cake, donuts. Obviously I'm feeling the effects now and all I could think of is I want to be under 100 lbs. ugh what is wrong with me?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Something tells me you might already know the answer...
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I wish I can gain 6 lbs in 4 days :sad:
    I need all that calories to help me gain muscle
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

If you gained 6 lbs in 4 days practically none of it would be muscle. Just sayin.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    If you were eating like that, my guess is you did it. 6 pounds x 3500 calories = 21,000 additional calories, or 5250 calories per day which is doable according to the menu you just gave.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    How tall are you OP?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Op is 5'1 and according to another post, wanted to get back up to 100.
  • kynsie2
    kynsie2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to gain that much in a few days!!
    And be able to keep it.
  • Rocket_Man44
    Options
    Ehh it's prolly water.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options

If you gained 6 lbs in 4 days practically none of it would be muscle. Just sayin.

If I work out that's what I'm trying to say .. i need to gain more weight
  • Missfit35
    Options
    Very Possible... I have dieted for the last 15 years therefore my body is very sensitive to carbs and foreign foods end result when i blow it out the *kitten* my body expands thus cheating that many days is a big NO NO! Take this as a learning lesson, get back on the horse and ride. Start dieting again allow 1 cheat day a week and kick up your cardio into high gear as well as drinking plenty fluids. Hey no worries your body will bounce back in no time stay off of the scale for about 2 weeks and just work really hard. Don't dwell on it and don't let it get you down this is normal for some. Good Luck! Always stick to your diet and exercise regime even on vacation...
  • Missfit35
    Options
    Ehh it's prolly water.

Paha PROLLY
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Op is 5'1 and according to another post, wanted to get back up to 100.

So ... goal met?

Actually, not really, you need 5,250 calories over maintenance to do that. Try again.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Yes you did gain 6lbs of WEIGHT in 4 days. Some of it is fat, some of it is water. Get straight back to your usual diet and the water portion should drop off within the next few days
  • gelica_15
    gelica_15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You probably did a good bit of damage, but a lot of it won't be seen till later. Next time, remember that moderation is the key!! I'd guess that a chunck of that new weight is water weight because junk food is filled with crazy high amounts of sodium and will make you retain water like no other!
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    LOL- I thought I was the only 1. I sure did just gain 6 pounds in the last 4 days. I wasn't crazy binge eating- did over-eat once (I too had family visiting from out of town). when I logged my food I couldn't believe how high my sodium levels were. i'm hopping that it's all just water weight from all the salty foods. I guess i'll know next week at weigh in.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    probably 3lbs of fat and 3lbs of waste and water retention that will come off easily
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Some of it will be water. Drink a lot of water, green tea and eat lots of veggies and probably half of it will come off quickly. The remainder you will have to work harder for. This is usually my personal experience when I have had 'binge'.
  • Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 5'1 and what happened was I kept losing a lot of weight as to why I was down to 96 lbs. Everyone was saying I should gain weight and my goal is to gain muscle. Well this weekend we went in vacation so I gave myself free days to just get it out of my system. Now I am upset I went overboard, but I'm still at a reasonable weight. Idk why I'm so hard in myself and focus on the number on the scale.
  • TimFranklin423
    TimFranklin423 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not unless you ate 21000 calories over your maintnence.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    Water weight, my weight can fluctuate 10 pounds, serious.