Excessive blood veins info needed

Options
deup
deup Posts: 129 Member
Okay so I went from 280+ down to 190 in 6 months. I know being obese, the excess fat your body tends to grow vein cells, However. When losing weight how long does it take for those extra cells to die off?

My problem is since the quick weight loss my body is having a hard time adjusting. Example being every time I come from a sitting/laying/crouching position I get a massive head rush that includes, black out, weak knee, blood rush to the dead, dizziness, and a vary flushed face lol. And I am wondering if anyone has had/dealt/ or is going through this as well and how did you deal or are dealing with it? Also looking for any advice:)

I am thinking that the extra vein cells the body's having a hard time meeting the demand?

Before anyone asks I have seen my doctor about it with a lot of confusion

Replies

• AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I'd imagine the blood vessels never go away because the fat cells themselves never go. They probably get smaller.

Are yousure it's the extra blood vessels? Have you ruled out dehydration?

Also, try talking to another doctor. Visit a walk in clinic, for example. A different doctor might be able to help you more.
  • deup
    deup Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Well I tryed a few things increase sugar levels, salt levels, and I drink anywhere between 4-5 litters of water daily.
    I have seen 3 different docs and gotten 3 different answers
    From blood vessels to having a low testosterone levels, mind u I am on shot for that now, and suddenly drop in blood pressure.

Originally when I started my weight loss my blood pressure was way above high since then it's low normal :) and doc said he's afraid to put me on meds to increase it.
  • AvonBell
    AvonBell Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at the Merck Manual entry for Dizziness or Light-Headedness When Standing Up. Blood vessel disorders have a bunch of associated symptoms which you haven't described. But going through the list, there are a number of potential causes. Also they tell you what your doctor should be doing. If you haven't checked it out, I recommend taking a look. Might help narrow the possibilities.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart_and_blood_vessel_disorders/symptoms_of_heart_and_blood_vessel_disorders/dizziness_or_light-headedness_when_standing_up.html
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Well I tryed a few things increase sugar levels, salt levels, and I drink anywhere between 4-5 litters of water daily.
    I have seen 3 different docs and gotten 3 different answers
    From blood vessels to having a low testosterone levels, mind u I am on shot for that now, and suddenly drop in blood pressure.

Originally when I started my weight loss my blood pressure was way above high since then it's low normal :) and doc said he's afraid to put me on meds to increase it.

I get the similar symptoms, I blame it on having less blood in general :wink: never actually blacked out though

on the serious note - it's not so bad, otherwise I've literally never felt better in my body. My pressure fell dramatically and I have a resting HR of 48 beats per minute (double checked!) :drinker:
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get head rushes quite a lot, I did while I was fat as well. I have learned to stand up slowly, in stages, The primary treatment for low blood pressure is to drink more water, so you could try that, if you haven't already.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    What you are describing is postural hypotension for which there are a number of causes. An easy way to confirm is to find your radial pulse (the one in your wrist) while you are lying down. Now if it's easy to find and feels nice and strong you know that your systolic blood pressure (the top number) is above 90. Keep your finger on the pulse and stand up. If it gets weaker or disappears completely then you know your blood pressure just dropped below 90.

If this is the case, given you are fairly young, I'd go back to the doctor. You should probably have a 24 hour halter monitor for starters.