So, I met my doctor's wife at the supermarket...

Options
We started going to the same gym class. And yesterday by chance I saw her at the same supermarket.

Now, I do like my candy. And everyday I buy myself one single serve treat. In this case it was a Ice cream cone. She looked at it and commented : "I see you are cheating on your diet." To which I replied: "Yeah. Glad you are seeing it. I do this everyday."

Then today she actually went to tell our instructor and they all bashed me for eating unhealthy. :huh:

I explained it was just one cone... I eat a treat everyday. And they said I'd never lose weight. I need to try this and this diet. And then I told them, uh, yeah, 17kg lost, while eating dessert. EVERY. DAY. And they shut it.

:grumble: I hate when people meddle in my life. I'm there for exercise. I've been successful with my lifestyle change, and still am, don't push your stupid fad diets on me!!

Replies

• Leana93412
    Leana93412 Posts: 162
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're way more polite than me, and your doctor's wife, instructor and gym class are bigger busybodies than I ever have the displeasure of associating with. Sounds like you handled yourself well. Kudos.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Wow, you're way more polite than me, and your doctor's wife, instructor and gym class are bigger busybodies than I ever have the displeasure of associating with. Sounds like you handled yourself well. Kudos.

I'm always polite.

Unfortunately.

If not, then I'm semi-polite. Or sarcastic...Like above lol.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I'm always polite.

Unfortunately.

I can tell your profile pic is spot on :wink:
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    dont you just hate when people call you having a perfectly sensible and calculated treat "cheating"?! its not cheating when its part of your plan! the other day someone said to me "oh ohhhh i saw you have an ice cream!" - so what? that doesnt mean i dont eat healthy..
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    She's an attention seeking tattle tale.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    People around you seem to have a very unhealthy view of food and how to eat!
  • Leana93412
    Options
    People around you seem to have a very unhealthy view of food and how to eat!

^^ You have no idea how right you are...
  • Leana93412
    Options
    dont you just hate when people call you having a perfectly sensible and calculated treat "cheating"?! its not cheating when its part of your plan! the other day someone said to me "oh ohhhh i saw you have an ice cream!" - so f****** what? that doesnt mean i dont eat healthy..

I agree... Esspecialy if their one of those types that say fruit is unhealthy, and you shouldn't be snacking when you diet. :huh:
  • Leana93412
    Options
    And then I tell the gym instructor I'm doing IIFYM:

And she said: "what's that?"

And I'm like: "yeah no wonder."
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I'm always polite.

Unfortunately.

OMG I love the OP's profile pic. I want that slogan with Wilma (the neanderthal reconstruction in my avatar)!!!
  • Leana93412
    Options

I'm always polite.

Unfortunately.

OMG I love the OP's profile pic. I want that slogan with Wilma (the neanderthal reconstruction in my avatar)!!!

:laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Wait, is this a diet that has been discussed with your doc?
    I'd go HIPAA on his butt. All day long.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Oh some people just need to be put on go-away-island. wth anyway?

To go further, I am kinda over listening, reading, and thinking about cheating. Unless genitals are involved, it's not cheating. Just sayin'.
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Oh some people just need to be put on go-away-island. wth anyway?

To go further, I am kinda over listening, reading, and thinking about cheating. Unless genitals are involved, it's not cheating. Just sayin'.

:laugh: ahahaha!! +1!
  • Leana93412
    Options
    Wait, is this a diet that has been discussed with your doc?
    I'd go HIPAA on his butt. All day long.

No. Everyone in my class is doing some bikini body bootcamp diet along with it's exercise routine. I'm in for the exercise. But I don't diet. She must've assumed I was doing the same diet. Yeah notso much.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    The question that remains unanswered still is "Why does your doctor's wife know anything about your health situation?"
  • muppetkeeper
    muppetkeeper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Myself and my wife go out for a walk almost every night, to the ice cream van that is 2.5km away. The 5km walk almost entirely covers the calories of the ice-cream (Mr whippy, not really proper ice cream), and if we don't have the 20 extra calories it needs to spare, we share one.

If you've counted for it - Tick
    If you continue to hit YOUR goals - Tick
    If you push an ice-cream in someone face for being superior & wrong all at the same time - Double Tick

:-)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Myself and my wife go out for a walk almost every night, to the ice cream van that is 2.5km away. The 5km walk almost entirely covers the calories of the ice-cream (Mr whippy, not really proper ice cream), and if we don't have the 20 extra calories it needs to spare, we share one.

If you've counted for it - Tick
    If you continue to hit YOUR goals - Tick
    If you push an ice-cream in someone face for being superior & wrong all at the same time - Double Tick

:-)
    Just don't count those calories as eaten, though.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Move to London. Everyone would be too shy to engage you in conversation and share your personal information even if you whispered, "I just murdered my neighbour."