28 pounds later and practically 50 years old

Options
JeralynSh
JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
If I can do it, anyone can. It began as mid-life crept on. And then I got this stupid disease and the meds packed on even more weight. At 5'1" & 140 pounds I was at my heaviest.. For someone who'd always been petite, that was a lot for me.

Then, with my doctors', and occupational &physical therapists' okay, I began to exercise in earnest. Along with eating correctly, I was able to do it. And I even took off more weight that I ever thought I could.

10307171_10204180342057059_7420188793113219485_n.jpg

I now weigh what I did back in college over 30 years ago. Pretty cool.

Replies

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • wendy16256
    wendy16256 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job! Way to go!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    WAY COOL!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! :love:

Awesome job! :drinker:
  • 324_B21
    324_B21 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome!! Congratulations :smile:
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look fabulous, vibrant and very refreshed, your skin is absolutely beautiful, what a transformation. You are an inspiration to as almost 5o ladies that struggle with those last vanity pounds. What is your secret? Anything you can share with us ladies?

Cheers:drinker:
  • jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference - and you look younger too!
  • JeralynSh
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You look fabulous, vibrant and very refreshed, your skin is absolutely beautiful, what a transformation. You are an inspiration to as almost 5o ladies that struggle with those last vanity pounds. What is your secret? Anything you can share with us ladies?

Cheers:drinker:

There wasn't too much of a secret. I log my food & exercise religiously, and often overestimate the food and underestimate the exercise. I rarely eat back my exercise calories.

And I'm carrying on a torrid love affair with my treadmill & stationary bike. :laugh:

I'd love to lose two more pounds just so I can say that magic word: 30! But I don't think I need to. If it comes off, it comes off. I'm not stressing over it. I guess that's the secret: realizing that stress is a weight loss killer. And realizing that I'm not "done". It really is a lifestyle change. I'll continue to watch what I eat and keep up the exercise, as well. I've discovered that I really love it! I've even gotten off my treadmill (shh, don't tell him!) and I do a 5K with some friends every Sunday.
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Fantastic :)
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Look at you!
  • kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You look happier, healthier, and younger! I am mainly posting to tell you that you have lovely legs! Great job!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOW! That post gave me another "gallon of motivation" since I am approaching 50 in a couple years! Way to go!
  • JeralynSh
    Options
    I had to bump it to add:

I've lost over 30 pounds as of today! 30.6 as a matter of fact. I don't need to lose anymore, and now I'll start my maintenance. Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!