After a really rough 6 months, I'm STILL losin' weight!

Options
fgpnnKZ.png?1

I was continuously losing weight since January 2013, but then the new year made me hit a wall. I developed an insane eating disorder and I was restricting calories to 900/day. I needed help eating and I didn't know what to do.

Finally, my wake up call was when I saw my doctor and she said I lost 11 pounds in 6 months. "Only 11 pounds?!" I cried and cried. Then I realized that restricting wasn't going to do me ANY good.

I toned back on my cardio to only a half an hour and increase my weight lifting exponentially. I also forced myself to eat 1550 calories a day. No matter what.

The struggle is so real, but I'm dealing with my problem head on.

If you are suffering from an eating disorder, please feel free to reach out to me! If you're looking for new friends to help motivate you, I'm your gal! :)

Let's do this!

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're looking fantastic!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Good job.

Do you have hypo-thyroidism?
  • whyhelloheart
    whyhelloheart Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do not! All my blood work checked out a-ok! :)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I do not! All my blood work checked out a-ok! :)

Interesting. It's another lesson on how bodies adjust rapidly to the stresses they face. Thyroid problem people have it that much tougher by way of slow losses. I guess it's a subtle reminder of how different people can be, but I think most in general do better in that 1,000+ calorie loss range for multiple reasons. :-)
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Check you out getting healthy in more ways than one! Good on you!
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, I can't wait until I can pull off a swimsuit.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    great job getting back in the right mindset to eat more to lose weight! you look great!!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Healthier mind, healthier body! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Just wonderful! Congratulations for your honesty with yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • whyhelloheart
    Options
    Endless honesty with myself!

If I keep ignoring something that is CLEARLY wrong, then it's never going to get better. I have my good days and my bad days. I have a lot of conversations with my "eating disordered self" and my "healthy self". The latter has been winning as of late ;)
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You're looking so healthy and happy and totally rocking that swimsuit! Good for you for recognizing the problem and dealing with it earlier than later. I went through the same thing when I was younger but I got healthy and balanced and have stayed that way for nearly 10 years. Great job!
  • whyhelloheart
    Options
    Hope I can be like you! :)
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You look great! Super cute bathing suit <3

Glad you got into a better mindset :)
  • Simonnnna
    Options
    Is eating more working better than when you were eating 900 calories a day and doing a ton of cardio?

By the way, congrats on the progess you look great :)
  • whyhelloheart
    Options
    Yes, because when you're eating only 900 calories a day 6/7 days and then that one day you eat like a NORMAL human being, the difference between the two is so high. You're throwing your body through a metabolic loop.

I've done a lot better just eating my 1550 and restricting the amount of cardio that I do and increasing the amount of lifting that I do. :) That way when I do have a cheat day/meal, it's not such a huge gap!
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great in your before and after pics!!!
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This makes me worried because i normally eat 1,000 cals a day. I normally cant reach that 1,200 goal unless i increase my snacking which i just forget to do. I just feel like if i start increasing now i would lose weight much slower but i guess that may not be the case?
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    This makes me worried because i normally eat 1,000 cals a day. I normally cant reach that 1,200 goal unless i increase my snacking which i just forget to do. I just feel like if i start increasing now i would lose weight much slower but i guess that may not be the case?

Eat calorie dense foods…

Nuts
    Seeds
    Nut butter
    Avocados
    Ice cream
    Cheese
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Wonderful :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!