well I'm new... =]

Options
it said i should introduce myself, so here i go! My name is Brandon Gates and I am turning 20 here in a week. I need to lose over a hundred pounds, which kills me to say that when I realize that I let myself go that far... I've never really asked for support when it came to losing weight, but I've read so many other amazing posts from other people I feel inspired by MFP and the people who are on here, and I haven't even finished with my first post! haha, to those of you who read this, I hope that all is going well and that you are keeping strong in your endeavors to either get or maintain healthy =]

Replies

• littlelioness
    Options
    MFP is inspiring!! I'm sort of new, too. It's a great site.
  • Brandon130
    Options
    haha that's good to hear lol. A friend of mine just told me about it today, she didn't tell me about all this social stuff though, its really cool and makes it totally easy to support and be supported by others, not too shabby =D
  • muffet1129
    muffet1129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brandon,
    Congratulations! Starting is the hardest part. Keep an optimistic attitude and realize that you will have ups and downs along the way and that's okay. And remember, everything is okay in moderation (except maybe drugs or cigarettes). Don't deprive yourself, just be smart about what you eat. And exercise, cardio and strength training. As you increase your muscle mass you'll also increase your metabolism. You'll do great!
    Good luck!