2 Shop or not 2 Shop. that is the ?

Options
I am 140lbs and my goal weight is to be 125lbs, the probem is my clothes really don't fit like they use to and I am dying to go on a shopping spree (LIKE NOW!!) but if I buy clothes now I will not be able to fit them when I reach my goal weight ( I will get to 125lbs) which means I would have to go shopping again. Question is should I bite the bullet and go shopping in order to feel more comfortable or should I wait until I reach my goal weight and go shopping?

Replies

• foolismcgee
    Options
    you could just buy a few things now to get you through and save your money and buy even more when you do hit 125!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I second the above poster. Just buy a few cute things to get you through. Then do a BIG splurge at the end. Because YES, you WILL get there!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Try doing a clothing swap with friends that are bigger than you and/or your size--you can get rid of some of the clothes that don't fit you, and get some that don't fit them/they don't want anymore
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I would go to a store like ross, tj maxx, or marshalls, ross, burlington coat factory and buy some needed items ie.. a couple pairs of jeans and maybe a shirt or two.. give yourself a limit, whatever you can handle, enough to still save money for "the big spree" but enough to buy a few things. If you sale shop at these places you can feel good about yourself now and still go shopping later. Also a great thing to do is to get jeans at goodwill, it takes a little hunting but many times you can find good brands (gap/express etc) for 7-8 dollars a pair.. You cant go wrong ;)...

HOpe this helps!
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Thanks, you all have some great advice:glasses:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I shopped at every new size. Wearing clothes that fit kept me motivated. I understand it was very extravagant, but that was the cost of success for me.

Charmagne