New to counting calories

Options
Hi, I'm a mother of 4 and I just started counting calories about 10 days ago. this is my first time ever doing this, and i'm hoping it helps at least some. I guess it has worked because i've already lost 10 lbs. since I started. However, I can't really tell lol.
My children are 7, 4, 2, and almost 5 months. I really never lost the baby weight after my 2nd child. After having her, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and a lot of other stress factors in my life added on the lbs. So hopefully I can start finding a few supporting people on here that I can support with their goals as well!!
Good luck and I wish everyone the best!!

Replies

• MadisonLeavens
    MadisonLeavens Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find great resources and even greater cheering squads. Everyone here is really great and helpful! Ask for friends and you'll get a dozen.. at least! :-)
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad to have you! I hope you have much success and find friends and read stories that will keep you motivated. I am new here too and its been great so far. Seeing everyone's achievements makes it seem possible.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, calorie counting is the only thing that has ever worked for me and I have tried every diet under the sun.
    Keep to your calories and increase your exercise and you will definitely be slimmer in 2011. Mind you with 4 children I should'nt think you need much exercise :-)
  • burksfamily
    Options
    It sounds like you have overcome a lot. I know you can conquer this to. Glad to hear you are on the road to healthy living. This is all pretty new to me, too. I am a mother of two, and though I would like to say it is baby weight it wouldn't be true. I have just had reckless eating habits that have packed on the pounds. I have gained about 100 lbs. in the last 12 years, and I am ready to lose them. You have my support. I would love it if you sent me a friend request.
  • SNB84
    SNB84 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I have been reading other posts and it is amazing what calorie counting can do. I love how easy it is to use MFP, I got a few family members to start trying it and they love it as well...AND IT'S FREE!! love love love it!!
    I wish you ladies the best of luck and a healthy new year!!
  • kata5
    kata5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just started 7 days ago and I have lost 4 pounds and I wonder where....I bought a scale the first day I started on here and I wrote down what I wore on that day and I wore it again today and I lost just about 4 pounds I am just amazed. I feel good and I am not hungry like I thought. I also swore off of soda and my boys thougth I could not do it and I have been clean of soda for 7 days.....
  • kata5
    kata5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also know what is it like living with thyriodisum and it is hard to in away lose the weight but it does come off just have to work hard and try....sorry to hear bout your thyriod hope all works out.
  • SNB84
    SNB84 Posts: 3
    Options
    That's great!! I am (was) also addicted to soda, however in the last 10 days I have limited my intake. I still have to have a soda, but I found that drinking the small cans helps as well as drinking a whole soda. Eventually I want to stop drinking soda all together, but I get severe headaches w/o one.
    Yes, the thyroidism is a huge challenge! My weight is like a rollercoaster I could gain 2 lbs in one day and lose 3 the next. I have started something new today and that is Today is my weigh in day and I will not weigh myself again until next Tuesday. I want to see those shocking 2 lbs gone rather than ounces lol I think that will motivate me more.